Chapter 24; Given a chance!

God, time just flies by...I did not mean to take this long before putting this Chapter out here, but other stuff comes in the way of writing...work, other hobbies and loss of inspiration. But here it is and I hope you will like it! :)

------------- 

9.30 am on July 25

30 minutes after Jared knocked on Shannon’s door, Sówïe woke up. Jared and Shannon were watching TV around the corner from where the bed was. The room had an odd shape in form of an L. Sówïe only heard the TV so she figured it was only Shannon, she rubbed her eyes and got up from the bed and walked around the corner and saw both brothers sitting on the couch. She stopped and carefully started backing away but then Shannon looked over at her. She got a smile on her face and then she walked over to them and sat down on the spot in-between them. She looked at Jared from the corner of her eyes and thought about what he said last night about following her dreams, she wanted to tell him that he was/is her dreams but she couldn’t. So instead, she said. 

‘So when are we leaving for Melbourne?’ She looked at both Jared and Shannon. Jared looked at her, whit those gorgeous eyes that could make anyone melt.

‘It would be good if we could leave at 11 am the latest.’ He said calm looking at Sówïe.

‘Okay, I just have to get my things and talk to Melissa and Skye and then I can leave. It shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes.’ She said with a small smile.

5 hours later at 2.30 am

They stopped for lunch, they took it with them and ate on the bus so that they could continue their journey. There was only so much they could do and just watching movies or so wasn’t that tempting to Sówïe so she sat down by Tomo and looked at him with puppy-eyes trying to make him understand she wanted him to entertain her.

‘What can I do to pleas you, Sweetie?!’ He said and looked at her with a soft smile, he knew that look all too well. The next few hours he did what he could to entertain her.

Then they stopped for a leg stretcher and some fresh air. Jared asked Sówïe to take a walk with him. After they’ve walked for a few minutes a girl came into their view, Sówïe walked in front of Jared a little protective cause he’s Jared and you never know how people react at that, after all this girl was young and had blonde and pomegranate colored hair which made Sówïe feel suspicious. Sówïe looked around her at the surroundings and then she saw a car she recognized from when they stopped for lunch, it wasn’t so hard to remember because it was bright pink and black with a white roof, kind of odd looking. Sówïe figured that this girl has been stalking the bus. Sówïe turned towards Jared and he looked at her slightly worried/panicked eyes. Then she turned around towards the girl again and then there was a loud sound and she felt a burning pain in her left arm, she looked down at her arm and then up at the girl who then dropped a gun on the ground and ran away.

‘She shot me! That bitch shot me!’ She said and turned around to face Jared but instead she found him on the ground with a bloody chest and all she could do at first was scream.

‘NOOOOOOOOO…JARED’ she rushed towards him, not caring that her own arm was bleeding and hurting.

Then she woke up with a pounding heart and 30 seconds later Jared was by her side.

‘What’s wrong?’ He asked concerned. She looked at him and then touched his arm, just to make sure he was actually there.

‘She shot me….and…I turned around and…saw you dead on the ground’ she said chocked and stuttering and then all of a sudden she was crying.

‘It’s okay, I’m right here, it was only a bad dream.’ He said and touched her face, wiping away some tears. Then he lied down beside her and held her tight.

‘I’m not going anywhere’ he whispered in her ear. Sówïe fell asleep on his chest, only 5 minutes later, feeling calm and safe. When she woke, the next day Jared was still holding her and he was still asleep. She moved little to get more comfortable, only lying on the side because of the stomach wasn’t all that sweet, but when she did Jared opened his eyes and looked at her. She looked back at him, still feeling weird over the dream, he had a soft and kind look on his face. Sówïe studied his face for a second then she smiled and he smiled back.

‘Thank you!’ She said sounding sincere.

‘For what?!’ Jared said softly with a smile.

‘For staying with me all night’ Sówïe answered.

‘No need to thank me, it’s my pleasure’ he smiled at her and looked all over her face.

‘You know…I thought I had gotten used to seeing you die. But it was so real, it felt like you really died.’ Sówïe said a little absentminded. Jared touched her cheek and she looked at him.

‘I’m so glad it was just a dream’ she said seeing his face.

‘Me too…other vice I would have had come back and haunt you.’ He said serious.

‘Why?’ She asked wonderingly.

‘Cause I wouldn’t want to be without you, while waiting for you to join me. I can barely stand a few days without you so I could never take what…50 years without you!’ He said sounding both like joking and sincere.

‘Yeah right! Where are we?!’ Sówïe said and looked out from the bed booth they were in.

‘I have no idea’ Jared said watching her. Then she climbed over him and out of the bed, then she grabbed one of his shirts and put it on then she turned towards him and made an ugly smiling face and then she walked away. Jared stayed in bed with a smile on his face. Sówïe sat down by Shannon and Tomo who was eating breakfast.

‘Good morning’ she said shipper.

‘Morning’ they both said and looked over at her.

‘What happened last night?’ Tomo asked concerned.

‘Nothing really, I just had a bad dream.’ She said and took a bite out of Shan’s sandwich.

‘So where is Jared?’ Shannon asked her, and smiled over the fact that she stole his food.

‘He’s still in bed I guess.’ She said with a smile. Then Melissa and Skye came into the space they were. And just a few minutes later Jared joined them. In just two days’ time the guy’s had their show in Melbourne, and if all go as planned they should be there early tomorrow morning, giving them one day to get settled in and relax.

Later the same day, Sówïe was reading a book, Skye was coloring with Melissa, Tomo and Shannon was playing cards and Jared was watching Sówïe, studying her facial expression while reading her book. After a while, he rose and walked over to her and sat down beside her. Shannon looked over at them and smiled. Sówïe closed the book and looked over at Jared.

‘Do you remember the other day when you told me about following dreams?’ Sówïe asked him, looking at the book.

‘Yes of course, why?’ He said getting a bad feeling. Sówïe looked up at him.

‘Well I just wanted to let you know…that I am following mines…this is it…you and those two (pointing over at Shannon and Tomo)…you’re it. I would be…so happy and blessed if I got to spend my life with or around you guys.’ She said looking into his eyes. He didn’t say anything, he just looked at her and smiled. And after a moment of just staring at each other Sówïe opened her book again and continued reading. Jared smiled and looked over at Shannon who was also smiling.

At 12.30 am Jared went to bed and about 30 minutes later Sówïe decided to do the same. She walked by Jared’s bunk, he was already asleep. She smiled to herself and then she put her PJ on, sat down on her bed looked over at Jared and then she rose and walked over to him and climbed in and laid down beside him. He opened one eye and looked at her then he smiled at her, then he made sure she was close beside him, and then put his arm around her and they both fell asleep.  

-----------

So that was it for this time. I really hope you enjoyed it! Please vote if you liked it! :)

xoxo