chapter four.

I sat on Axel's bed cautiously, trying not to damage my bandaged ribs any further. I sighed. He had ordered pizza after the hospital visit, even though I wasn't hungry. I was really grateful, but why in God's name was he helping me? I was more of a social outcast than he was, and surely he had a hit list or something to be working on? I pulled the duvet back and snuggled in. Mm, his bed smelled of cinnamon. So this is where the magic happened.

But seriously, why was he helping? Was it a joke? A dare? I don't know whether to trust him or not. Maybe he just felt sorry for me, I sure as hell would. He walked in, grabbing a slice of pizza. I also noted that he was shirtless. As in without a shirt. Showing me those washboard abs. Mm, I swear, if I had more confidence and if he wasn't so scary, I would climb his ass like a tree. He flashed a smile, but it was gone the second it appeared.

He sat on his bed next to me, watching the end of Back To The Future. He kept stealing glances at me, like I was gonna break or blow up any second. At the end of the movie, he got up and muttered goodnight.

"Wh-Where are you going?" I stuttered out.

"Uh, to sleep on the couch." He turned around to look at me, frowning.

I shook my head and patted the space next to me. Even if he had ulterior motives, I didn't want to be cold. Right, yeah, that's it. He rolled his eyes, walking over and getting into bed next to me. I had no idea what to do next. I had never been in bed next to another boy before. I didn't think this through. I didn't even know anything about him! Shit, I'm a whore. Sorry, mom.

Before I had time to panic, he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling my small body against his muscular chest. "Go to sleep, cutie." He mumbled in my ear. Did he just call me cute?! I mean, it's the truth but him? Also, did he know anything about personal space?! I squirmed uncomfortably. He chuckled and his hand creeped up my shirt and rested on my flat stomach. I gasped, stiffening. Was he trying to rape me?! He ran his hand up and down my stomach gently and I relaxed. And without thinking, I purred. Purred. Like, fucking seriously? I have never purred in my life. He chuckled huskily, his breath on my neck. "Relax, little kitten."
After a few minutes, his breathing slowed and he fell asleep, his arm still around me.

I think my heart melted there and then.