chapter three.

"Wow." I whispered, my open palm resting on the window. His house was bigger than mine. And it looked way more exotic, with palm trees and tropical flowers everywhere.
Axel opened the car door unexpectedly, and I fell forward. He caught me before I could hit the ground.

"Jeez, can you stop hurting yourself all the time?" He grumbled. His voice was deep and husky, as if he'd been smoking for 40 years. He picked me up and started walking towards the house.

"I think I can walk by myself, you know." I snapped. He stared down at me with surprised eyes.

"Fine, whatever." He put me down and I immediately regretted ever saying anything. After two steps I buckled in pain, my ribs aching. He sighed and lifted me up into his arms again, carrying me through the front door. Well, didn't that make me look weak as hell.

Holy shit, his house was cooler on the inside. He had a TARDIS bedspread! I never knew he was into Doctor Who. Then again, I don't know anything about him, which is kinda creepy since I'm in his house. He set me down on the bed.

"I'll go get you some water." he said, walking out of the bedroom. I didn't even ask for water. Hm. I took a minute to look around, making sure not to move.
His bedroom was neat, with a few clothes on the floor here and there. There were band pictures all over his walls, most of them I recognised. He had a good taste in music. There was a flat screen tv on the opposite wall, and an Xbox underneath it. Huh, it's all so normal. I would have thought by the rumours that he slept in a slaughter room. I think that actually was one of the rumours.

He came back in, setting the water down on the nightstand. I mumbled a thank you and he sat in front of me on the bed.
"I'm gonna need you to take your shirt off. I need to check if you have injuries." He said, looking me up and down. I hesitated. He looked up at me expectantly, tugging on the bottom of my shirt.
"I won't bite unless you ask me to." A faint smirk flashed upon his face.  I swear to god something just stirred in my crotch area.
I nodded slowly, giving him permission and he helped me take off my shirt.

"Shit." He whispered, touching my rib area lightly. I whimpered slightly as a shooting pain went up and down my sides. There was a huge bruise and something was sticking out. Oh god, I was gonna be sick. He stood up and grabbed his keys from the nightstand.

"We're going to the hospital. You can stay with me for the night. Call your mother." He ordered, giving me his iPhone.

"You can't just boss me around. I'm not a little kid." I muttered.

"Would you rather go to school like that?" He pointed at my chest. I sighed and phoned my mother, telling her I was staying over a friend's.

"-no, mom he's not my boyfriend! He's just helping me out, okay? No, I'm not selling myself! Look, I have to go. Yeah, I love you too. Bye." I hung up, handing the phone back to Axel. He had a small smile playing on his lips as he picked me up with his strong arms and we drove to the hospital.