02

Hiccup's POV

I looked around the crowd surrounding me. Dad was there, and also my unbelievable girlfriend, Astrid. She walked towards me and cupped my cheeks. "We're so proud of you Hiccup." she said.

I looked up her and smiled, before she had ran her fingers through my silky brown hair and pulling me close for a warm hug. She burried her face deep into my neck.

"Take care out there." she whispered through my ear, I could feel her minty breath into my soft neck. A chill went down through my spine. "Yeah, I know Astrid." I replied with a soft smile.

Dad approached me and gave me a man hug. "Good luck, son." He told me. I gave him a warm lip locked smile, before my dog, Toothless, had jumped onto me. We fell to the ground and they chuckled. Dad helped me up while Astrid entertained Toothless.

I looked back at Astrid and Toothless and smiled again. I gestured my head to the ship, waiting for us. I knelt down and tighten up Toothless's collar a little.

"Let's go bud. They're waiting." I said. I stood up and opened up my arms. "Hug me, family!" I exclaimed with enthusiasm. They all smiled and gave me a tight hug.

Then we went in the huge ship, all weaving our goodbyes as Toothless jumped around and Fishlegs trying to find his way to his room.

I narrowed my eyes as they try to disappear through tiny specks of dots. I sighed and chuckled, "This is gonna be a darn, long week."

Merida's POV

I looked down the plane, as if I was riding a giant bird or a dragon that my feet was barely touching the ground. I was flying from Scotland to America.

But as the plane landed, I quickly walked out the plane and took a deep breath as I placed my hands on my hips. "Oh, America. Free at last!" I squeled happiness.

It was a refreshing flight, not to mention I was on a private plane. But, as a first test of survival in the city, I have to find a the home I'll be living in.

I stood infront of a huge gate, with the sun formed upon the grills. My jaw dropped as I tried to mouth the word wow.

This is honestly huge, and to think, I'll be staying here for a year. Living in some stranger's house, just because that the owner is possibly mom's friend, or dad's as well. I wonder how they're doing right now.

The gate opened as a maiden tried to accompany me and carried my luggages as well. We had a quite long walk as we tried to finally reach the mansion.

With four pillars standing on different corners in the entrance. A tall man was standing, with his wife, I guess. They smiled and welcomed me in.

And I must admit, this is the first time I have ever been in my finest behaviour.

"Good afternoon, Merida." they greeted, well at least the woman did, and her husband just smiled. "Goo'd after noon, Ma'am, and sir" I replied back.

"We are glad to have you arrive, safely-" they talked. I didnt mind listening, I just looked around the house. Their ceilings were pretty high, then there was this staircase leading up stairs.

"Shall we?" The woman asked. I frozed, in the fact that I really didn't listen. But I just put a fake smile on my face and nodded. "Sure."

We went upstairs, my luggage getting taken cared of. The woman gave me a neat tour while the man proceeded to where he is most needed.

Then we stopped at a hallway. One door creaked open as a blonde girl with green eye's head popped out. She scanned around until she spotted me.

She gasped and pulled herself back in. The woman chuckled and walked to her door. "In a second, Merida.." she excused herself.

She knocked on the door. It slowly opened again, the girl was standing on the other side. I smiled and waved. She grinned back.

"Rapunzel, this is Merida, our guest." She paused, "And Merida, this is Rapunzel, my daughter." She finished.

Rapunzel tapped her mother's shoulder and tilted her head gently. "She's pretty." She whispered. She smiled at me and ran back inside her room as she shut the door.

We proceeded to the next room. I opened it, only to reveal a neatly designed and decorated room with a huge bed and my own t.v. Nice.

"Merida, this is your room, I'll leave you with it." She said. The maiden placed my luggages gently beside me and walked away with the madame.

I pulled my stuff inside and sat on the bed. More like drowning myself in the sheets. I let out a sigh, a sign that I am obviously exhuasted.

And gee, these guys must really like the sun too much. But it doesnt bother me at all. What matters is I am miles away from being an actually princess, and I am partly, free.

I opened my eyes, only finding a scary view of someone's head hanging upsidedown the ceiling. It wasn't that clear though, because I swear that I turned all of the lights and shut the window close.

My heart beat rose up to the highest. I gasped and quickly reached to the nearest thing I could grab in the table, which is an eraser.

I throwed the eraser to the head-like figure and heard a help, later on, the sound of the eraser dropping to the ground. "Ouch!" She exclaimed. I narrowed my eyes and turned on the light on my lamp.

I sighed in relief when it showed Rapunzel's figure in the end. She climbed down the opened man-hole in the ceiling and jumped to the floor, before she could continue rubbing the pain away.

"It hurts," she groaned. "Well, ye could just use the door and avoid the negative responds from me when I get scared." I replied.

She placed her hand down and sighed as she placed her hands on her hips. "Fair point."

"So what are you doing here?" I asked. My eyes trailed up, staring at the open manhole. "And how did you get up there.?" I added.

"Well, there is a connection between your room and my room, somehow, that is, through that." She answered, pointing up.

I got out of bed and walked to the open man-hole. Looking up, I gasped in awe. "That's wonderful over there!" I exclaimed.

There were some shelves, that can be used as some temporary stairs if I would want to climb up there.

As soon as I reached the top, Rapunzel followed. It's quite a spacious room with a huge t.v. set, an xbox, a mini library on the corner and some cool paintings on the walls. The sides of the room were leaning, somehow joint by the upper corner, revealing it to be the empty space houses have on their upper storey.

On one hand, there was a glass window, enabling us to see the outside of their majestic house. I looked out, seeing their entrance, with all their cars piled up and their garden with their fountain and their pool.

I must say, Rapunzel's family is as rich as us. But we dont have too much stuff. I twirled around and sighed, "Dude, this is bloody amazing!" I cheered.

She chuckled, "Yeah, this is were I hang out. It's the one of the most private places in the house, that my parents noremy cousins can go in here." She explained.

"Am I welcome then?"

She narrowed her eyes and scrunched her nose. "I don't know..." she mumbled. I arched an eye brow and held my hands on my hips, "Okay! You're welcomed." She chuckled.

Then we spend the night chatting about our lives.