"Remember in 10th grade, I became unnaturally sick? That was because my vampiric genes started to take control and Daniel's spell or whatever on me was weakening. If it hadn't been for Darren stumbling upon me at the right time, and biting me to help complete the process, I would've died. And, remember how I told you that in 12th grade I was moving to a special school across the sea on scholarship? Well, I wasn't. Instead, I went hunting for answers. When I reached Daniel, he had- he- he was already murdered brutally. But, fortunately for me, he knew I was coming so he had prepared a long letter explaining everything to me. That's why I know what I do. I'm so sorry I hadn't told you before, but, trust me, if you knew, you would've done something reckless and would've gotten yourself killed."

Stunned. One word describing me right now. Absolutely, and completely stunned. I was lied to by my own family. 

It was for your own protection, Jules. Don't be stubborn and be reasonable; that's the truth and you have to decide how you'll handle it. Alex isn't done, so just listen to her... Please. Darren pleaded with his eyes- I didn't have to look to know he had a desperate look on his face. He's really dedicated to Alex, isn't he? 

"What else?" I asked, trying to flatten my tone out as much as possible. 

"Since, now we're both vampires and our powers are stronger than ever, the Elders were easily able to trace us down." Alex continued. When she finished, one of the visitors stood up, and walked up next to Alex. He- or she- removed their hood and revealed a blonde head. The girl looked about 16 years old, but had a face of experience. Her blonde hair was meticulously tied at the back of her head; not letting a single strand of hair out. 

"My name is Harriet. It's a pleasure to meet Jack's daughters- both of them at the same time," Harriet's voice was melodic, almost like a lullaby- probably one of the tricks of an Elder, but it wasn't working on me! "Alex, as nice as it was to visit you, I don't think we're welcomed anymore. Besides, you and your sister need to sort out your issues... I suggest you get to it sooner than later for reasons... Well, for reasons you also need to fess up. It was great meeting you, disregarding the circumstances."

I had no clue how to respond to the so I just gave a nod. Harriet took a step forward, only momentarily stopping. I guess it was a signal for the other people to follow her. They slipped out of the room, almost predatory-like. If I had still been human, I wouldn't have noticed the knowing smile Harriet sent my way when she had passed me. It was scary and intimidating- it was like she knew the future and what it held.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"They- they were the Elders, weren't  they?" I asked, still a part of me hoping it wasn't . A shaky nod from Alex and a simpathetic smile from Darrem crushed any wishful pary of me. I gulped, feeling my dry mouth. I suddenly wondered why I haven't felt hungry yet, but I pushes that though aside. I should be glad that I haven't, shouldn't I? Beside, there were more important matters at hand. "What did they want?"

"First of all, Darren, you can leave if you need to, and please take him with you," Alex clearly ordered, not suggested. She also seemed to mentally say something to Darren. After about five seconds, Darren nodded and slapped Cam to indicate that they're both leaving. Cam looked offended that Alex didn't bother to say his name, and that his own brother had disrespected him.

As soon as they left, Alex sat down on the chair infront of mine and crossed her hands infront of her, settling them on the table. "The other day, I told you that the reason Jack was running from the Elders was that they told prophecies that were never wrong. Well, Jack was afraid that they would tell him something that he wouldn't like, and would get too obsessed with changing the fore-telling, that he'd forget how to correctly raise use, he ran away from the danger of their predictions. But who doesn't like a good chase? The Elders hunted him, obviously pleased with finding a reason to persecute a royalty. Fortunately, the Elders never caught up to us, until recently. Harriet, is one of the main leaders. The Elders finally found the chance to reveal the prophecy to us... And it's not a good one."

"Really? So, it's not that we won the lottery?!?!" I half-heartedly joked. Alex gave a tired chuckle. "What was the prophecy, Al?"

"Our powers are going to be very strong... Everyone's going to want them, Jules. Since I am trained, I am able to defend myself better. You, on the other hand, are the number one suspect for a victim. The prediction included that a... Capable group of people are going to start hunting for us- and they won't stop until they get us."

--------------------------------------------------

Darren's POV

I walked slightly ahead of Cameron. I officially hate him. I just know that he's going after Jules, I just know it. I didn't bother going inside his head... don't want to destroy my innocent one.

"So..." Cam started.

"So, what?"

"Ahem, ah, do you, um, do you like Juliet?" His nerve!!

"I'm going to refrain myself from punching your fucking brains out."

"What?! I'm just saying- if you're not interested, then may be I'll go-"

I spun around so fast, Cameron nearly crashed into me. I quickly shoved him in the wall on our right, setting my arm up on his neck. "Don't.Fucking.Touch.Her."

"I'll do whatever the hell I want!" All of Nice Cameron was gone, now replaced with a wicked one. He flipped us around so he was in my place from before, and I in his. "You disrespect me, then order me around... I'd rather rip my fangs out than listen to you. You know, you seem crazy about her, but that won't stop me from going after her."

"Like you have before... Bro, you're not really original with girls, are you? Always hitting after the ones that I screw with..." I ended with a mock- shake of my head, which made him even madder. Man, I love making him mad!

"It's not my fault they choose me over you... I reckon Juliet would be the same... Yup, wouldn't doubt it- she really likes to stare at me, doesn't she? I think you're losing your touch, Darren. Before you know it, Juliet will be mi-" Cameron didn't get to finish because I punched him. Hard.

There was a loud crunching sound from his noise that lit up the silent hallway. I still hadn't recovered from seeing red dots in my vision when he talked about taking Juliet from me. ME. Who does he think he is? Unfortunately, Cam didn't have enough time to strike back, my phone rang. Just to infruriate him more, I held up my index finger and pretended to look busy while reading the text from Alex.

Bring him in, now.

Man, is Cameron in for deep shit now! He thought he could get away from Alex without having ripped a new one. He should know better.

"Al wants you." His eyes widened, completely forgetting about my punch, although his nose already started healing. Since he couldn't disobey royalty, he turned around and headed back in the direction we came. As he reached the door to the meeting room, Jules stepped out. Using my vampiric hearing, I heard she apologized for almost slamming Cam with the door. Damn, so close. He gave her his heart-melting smile, which caused me to glare at him. As if he knew that I was mentally killing him in every possible way, he turned around and smirked at me. He even had the guts to wink at Juliet, effecting her. A lot.

Alrigh, it's on, now brother.

His reply was almost instant. Bring it.

hope you enjoyed!!!! Leave feedback---- SUMMER's FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for doing absolutely no work at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!