Part 14

"Deep breaths, ok?" Maggie smiled and smoothed the back of your dress while you turned your hips trying to see it from all angles.

"Are you sure, Mags? I feel like this is too much," you whined, running your hands down the lacy bodice of the dress. The generous v-neck bust line offered enough view of your ample cleavage that you knew Daryl would like it just fine. But as your fingers ran down towards the flowing silk of the skirt, you felt self-conscious at the thought of wearing something so formal.

"No! It's perfect. I am the damn maid-of-honor so shut it and listen to me now," she reprimanded as she knelt down to fidget with the hem.

Standing with a groan as her knees cracked, she rested her hands on her swollen belly and sighed. "A large maid-of-honor, but still... I'm in charge of this here weddin' and you're going to look beautiful, in this dress."

"Alright, alright, I give! I am not going to argue with my very pregnant best friend. I will wear this dress tomorrow and everything will be perfect," you laughed, backing away from Maggie in feigned fear.

"Good girl, now turn around so I can get it off before one of the little monsters run in and spills somethin' on it. Or worse, before he gets home and sees you in it." Maggie motion for you to spin around and you did as commanded.

"Mags, Glenn is going to make sure he—"

"He's got it under control hun, I promise. Glenn's gonna make sure he's got somethin' nice to wear and that he shows up without any squirrel guts splattered on his shirt."

"Shut up," you laughed but were secretly grateful for Glenn's handling of Daryl throughout the entire planning process for the wedding. "Where are the kids anyway? It's far too quiet...."

"Carol took 'em over to the lake, Shel and Hershel wanted to go fishin'," Maggie said as she slipped the cream-colored dress from your shoulders and helped you shimmy out of it.

"Oh good, so I have time to run a quick errand," you mumbled to yourself. Lost in thought you didn't see the look Maggie was giving you at first. When you finally caught her gaze, you felt your cheeks tinge pink and suddenly felt self-conscious. "What?"

"What errand?" she asked with a raised brow. "Don't tell me you're gonna go see her."

"Maggie, I have too."

"No, Y/N, you don't," she said gently taking your hand in hers. "For the last six months, anytime you've seen her you haven't handled it well. Just let it be. She's gonna be—"

Squeezing her hand lightly before taking yours from hers, you smiled. "I know, that's why I need to see her."

"I think you're crazy," she said shaking her head while carefully putting the dress back in the garment bag. "But, I guess I get it. Just be careful, okay? Daryl would kill me if I let any drama unfold the day before you guys finally get married."

"I promise, in and out. I just have to see her before I can finally and completely move on."

"Alright, well, go do what you gotta. Carol's got the kids for another hour or so," Maggie smiled, but you could see the worry behind it.

After giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, you headed for the door with a spring in your step.

Approaching the cell gate, a mixed feeling of nerves and excitement began to swirl in your stomach. With each passing week since it happened, the knowledge that Rosita sat in the cell, while slowly growing the spawn of Negan continued to unsettle you. Even though he was dead, you and several others, couldn't shake the feeling that she would be the one to cause more trouble.