Part 1

Daryl woke from the dream sweaty and nervous. He looked over at Y/N who was still sleeping soundly and sighed. Leaning back against the headboard, Daryl drew in a deep breath and reminded himself that it had been just a dream. The people he loved more than anything in the world were all safe and under one roof.

But it had felt so real.

Daryl leaned over to Y/N and brushed the hair away from her neck. Though her back was to him, he could see the contours of her profile and it made him smile. He was constantly amazed at how much Shelby was growing up to look like her. His daughter may have developed his spirit, but she was the spitting image of Y/N.

He leaned in and left a soft kiss on Y/N's neck. Just the feeling of her skin on his lips made his morning hardon even stronger. He always wanted her, but in the early morning light, she was even more enticing.

Y/N stirred slightly, but seemed to settle back into her slumber easily. Daryl wanted to give her the chance to rest, so he quietly got up and dressed and headed down the hallway to see if either of the kids were up yet.

Pausing outside of Shelby's room, he could hear her small voice muffled beyond the door. Even though she was four, almost five now, she still sounded like she did when she was a small fry and insisted on having Daryl carry her everywhere.

Daryl heard her laugh, and cracked the door to see if he could spy on her a little before she noticed him. But, Daryl Dixon's daughter couldn't be spied on. No sooner did he touch the handle, was she calling for him.

"Daddy! You can come in, I'm up!" Shelby sung out happily.

Daryl opened the door all the way and was amused at the scene he walked in on. Shelby had a few of her stuffed animals all set up around a small blanket to have a picnic. Each one had a small plate in front full of acorns and berries.

Shelby had already gotten herself dressed in her fishing gear, equipped with hat and all. She had gone down to the porch and pulled on her boots; not missing an opportunity to grab the tackle box that was now sitting off to the side.

"Whatcha doin' munchkin?" Daryl questioned with a smile as he crouched down beside her.

"Gettin'em ready to eat and fish," Shelby answered without looking at her daddy. "They're hungry, so I told'em they could have a snack first."

Shelby pretended to feel one of the stuffed puppies an acorn and berries, then made a faux burp come from the dog. Finding great amusement in it, she looked up at Daryl for approval and he couldn't help but snort a laugh at her.

"That means he liked it, right Shel?"

"Ya daddy! But, he likes Aunt Carol's cookies better," she said starting to pout a little. "Daddy, can I have a cookie?"

"Well, I dunno. Let's see what's down there to eat. If mama's still sleepin' maybe we can sneak one," Daryl gave his daughter a playful wink, and the smile returned to her face immediately; giant dimples making her look even more beautiful than she already was.

"Maybe Abe is up. I bet he wants a cookie too," Shelby smiled, and Daryl scooped her up off the floor. Shelby wrapped her arms around his neck and giggled after kissing his cheek. "You're scruffy daddy."

"Yeah, well, talk to mommy, she's the one that likes me scruffy. C'mon munchkin, let's go see what little brother is up to, huh?"

*******

You came downstairs shortly after Daryl got both kids in their seats and fed breakfast, still dressed in pajama shorts and a tight-fitting tank top that did a lot to accentuate the ample curves of your breasts and hips.