Chapter 8 - Unknown brothers

Start from the beginning

I laughed before I announced that I would soon be back.

"Take your time darling," Lucas shouted as I disappeared into my bedroom and I heard him say something else but couldn't really figure out what exactly.

I did as he said and took my time to get ready.

Lucas decided to stay the night (not that I invited him to but he rarely listens to what I want). His excuse was that he had a long way home, which was fairly true but yet not the best reason, and that he had to make sure I looked bomb as fuck before I attended work tomorrow. He told me I should become more teasing towards Justin (well, he wanted to call him my soon-to-be-fucking boss which wasn't entirely true either) and that it would give me what I want. I laughed him in his face and said that there's nothing I wanted with Justin and if I did want him, I would have already done it by now. Which was true, things could have escalated yesterday.

"I think you look great," He smiled proudly at his masterpiece (I let him pick out my work clothes and trust me when I say that my skirt was shorter than usual) and pointed with his fingers for me to turn around. I did, a giggle escaping my mouth as I realized how excited he seemed, "You're going to kill it today darling."

The truth was, I was terrified of going back to work and having to face him. The whole outfit and Lucas positive words surely gave me more confidence about it but it didn't stop the fact that I was scared of facing Justin. I knew he wanted to talk to me. I could already hear his serious voice when I entered the office, asking to speak to me in his office.

And boy, was I right.

The moment I stepped out of the elevators, trying to quietly and invisibly scoot past Justin's office door. It was open and it was like he had been staring at it to make sure he didn't miss me because the second I came into his view, he called my name.

"Jess."

I froze, cursing myself for not walking quicker instead. I had tried to be as quiet and almost tiptoe over to the other side but if I would have done it at a quick pace, maybe he would've missed me. I shut my eyes momentarily and felt the heavy weight return to my shoulders.

"Yes, sir?"

He seemed surprised by my answer but didn't question anything about it. Instead, he sighed and put down a printed paper document that he seemed to hold tight onto, "I want to apologise for yesterday and I hope we're all good?"

"Of course, sir."

"Why are you calling me sir?" I assumed that he couldn't hold his question marks in as he heard the word again, "You've never shown respect to me before, why start now?"

"I think we should keep this on a professional level."

Justin seemed taken aback by my words and his eyebrows raised slightly. I had been thinking about the situation during the previous night and the morning, keeping me up to try and make a reasonable decision but all the obvious things were to keep business apart from my love life and fucking your boss wasn't a great idea. No matter what Lucas, or anyone else for that matter, tried to convince me to. I knew from experience that involving sex together with your business was a bad idea and it would lead to nothing but trouble.

Therefore, I had made my mind up (especially on my way over here) that things could not be anything but business.

"I don't understand?" Justin said, a slight tilt of his head further proved his confusion but I couldn't exactly get what he was confused about. What part of mixing business with pleasure did he not understand? "I don't want you to call me sir."

"You want everyone else to do so?"

"Yeah but you're not everyone else." His confessions made my eyes widen and I couldn't help but stare at his lips as his tongue softly rolled over them. Completely unintentionally, I separated my legs slightly, "I really want us to be okay. I also hope that this stays between the two of us?"