Chapter Twenty-Four: Still Missing

[AN: Warning: Things are starting to get a little depressing in this chapter, so I hope you all have your comfort food ready.]

~Chapter Twenty-Four: Still Missing~

The SeaTac airport terminal is crowded, loud, and smells like wet people. From the looks of it, the current weather – rainy with a chance of death by lightning – has been going on for quite some time and the people waiting to be picked up look like soggy napkins. The people picking up were wise enough to either bring umbrellas or just wait in their cars.

Ah, it's good to be back.

Thankfully, despite the horrible weather, my plane was able to land safely...an hour ahead of schedule. Since a lot of flights to Seattle had to be cancelled today, they wanted to ground us as soon as possible for safety reasons. Judging from the weather report I saw, the weather is only supposed to get worse, which is kind of unusual for Seattle this time of year. But, at the same time, not really.

I stay under the airport awning while I watch for any cars or people that look familiar. My duffel bag is at my heels, as I was sitting on it until just a moment ago when I got a text from Tony telling me that he just arrived. Now, because I want him to see me, I have to remain on my feet or I will be blocked from sight by the other people lingering while they look for their rides.

After a few minutes of waiting and watching, Tony's dark blue car pulls up and my fingers immediately go to pinch the bridge of my nose. After all, it is not because I recognize the car that I know it is my uncle. I mean, I was expecting Tony to do something, as he always has some weird way of greeting me when he picks me up from the airport – which is why I prefer Darren giving me a ride – but that is usually limited to a bright neon sign or some weird outfit.

This time, though, he has completely outdone himself.

All of the back windows are covered in pictures of me, ranging from baby pictures my dad must have given him at some point to pictures of me as a moody teen, which he undoubtedly took himself. Somewhere nearby, someone tries to muffle their laughter upon seeing the hideous collection on display for all to see. If he weren't already undead, I would kill him.

"I hate you," I inform him as I open the car door and slide into the passenger's seat. Normally, I would put the bag in the trunk, but the sooner we leave the airport, the less time people will have to take pictures of my uncle's handiwork. "So, so much."

Tony grins – nothing anyone can say will convince me that that grin is not evil – and, instead of pulling out of the loading area, he reaches over and pulls me into a hug, which I am sure everyone outside the car can see. "I love you, too," he says, so I pinch his arm.

"Drive already," I practically growl.

My uncle, as slowly as he can, lets me go and pulls out of the loading area. "That was a nice growl. Have you turned into a Were since the last time I saw you?" He teases, and if he were not driving, I would pinch him again, only harder. Maybe at the next red light.

"This isn't the time to be joking around," I reply. It is not so much that he is annoying me – though I could have done without the embarrassment. On a normal day, I might even think all of this was funny, but after the stressful flight and the sleepless nights, I am just not feeling it.

"On the contrary, I think it's the best time to be joking around," my uncle replies, removing once of his hands from the wheel to take one of mine. "We're going to get your dad back, no question about that. The whole coven is chomping at the bit to find whoever took him."