Chapter 4

HERC POV

I'm now chilling on my bed, finishing a chemistry assignment. God, I hate chemistry. It's the class I have the most trouble with, though I'm not failing. The teacher just always seems cranky. After I finished it, I crammed the papers into my bag and tossed it aside.

Now what?

I remembered the note Lafayette gave me after school and my heart started up again. I glanced at the black alarm clock on my bed stand. 6:02. It can't be too late to text him, right? Or is it too soon? What if he's still busy with homework and doesn't want to be bothered. Will i come of as an annoyance? Or what is he just gave it me to be nice, or for protection from George and his gang. I mean, he wouldn't right? Right?!

Ugh, you know what? I'm never gonna know unless I try! I muster up all the confidence I could as I typed his number into my phone, pressed call, and waited anxiously at the sound of the ringer. 

"Bonjour?"

Here goes.. "Hey, Lafayette! It's me. Hercules." I say, hoping I don't sound like a dweeb.

"Ah, Herc, Mon ami! How has your evening been?"

"Eh, just finished some grueling chemistry homework. I hardly understand the class, but I'm sure I will.. eventually.."

I heard a soft giggle on the other end that made my heart turn. "Yeah, science and such was never my forte... Also I wanted to thank you again for helping me with the.. bully. That was really sweet of you.." He said.

"Again, it was no big deal. And if he ever messes with you again, call me. I kick his ass for you." He laughed at my comment. God, his voice was velvety sweet.

"I'll be sure to do that." There was some noise is the background, "arg, merde.. I have to get going. It was great speaking with you Hercules!"

"Please, call me Herc. And I'm glad we talked too. See you tommorow at school?"

"Yeah, you will. Au revoir!"

After he hung up, I laid out of my bed and sighed contently.

I think I like where this is going.

Hopefully it goes farther...

~

Short chapter, I know. But I didn't want to start another story, start updating frequently, and end up not doing it after I've started to gather an audience.

So, here's something small for you lovlies; some light fluff to keep your inner shipper slightly pleased 'till the next chapter.

Also winter break's coming up which means I'll have more time to write, but I may just end up going at this current pace since I may spend some of that time drawing or with friends (oh god i know shocker i actually have friends).

(p.s this chapter ain't even 500 words oops sorry bout that babes)

'Till next time, you sinful cinnababes

Ciao!

-Ronnie