Chapter One

Herc POV

'Ugh. Just another boring day in his boring school.' I thought to myself as I parked my car outside of Revolutionary High. Well, I wouldn't say it was boring, at all actually, I'm just in a horrible mood because I was up 'till midnight last night finishing up an essay due first period today. I step out my car, coffee and bag in hand, as I make my way to the court yard.

As I enter the courtyard, I immediately spot my closest friends in the world, Alexander Hamilton and John Laurens. 

Alex was sporting a black tee shirt with a picture of a feather quill on it with a dull blue hoodie, with his chocolate hair tied into its usual tight ponytail. His brown bag was lazily swung over his shoulder and his eyebags are still evident. Man he should really try getting a good nights sleep for once.

John had a dark green hoodie with a picture of a sleepy turtle on it, with his light brown curls pulled back into a low ponytail that stopped just below his shoulders. 

The two were exchanging words when John saw me approach the two. A smile formed on his freckled face as he waved me over. 

"Hey Herc! How was your weekend?" He asked as I joined the latter. "Eh.." I groaned and sipped my mocha coffee. "Uh, oh. Someone's cranky." Alex teased.

"Nah, just hella tired. Finished Mr. Washington's report at, like, midnight last night not to mention insomnia so I'm running on a few hours of sleep." I said taking another swig of coffee

"Ah, I know your pain." Alex patted my shoulder jokingly.

"Oh course you do. When was the last time you got a good night's sleep?"

"Sleep? Who's she?" Alex joked.

"Alex, eventually you're gonna burn yourself out. Sleep prevents that." John mentioned.

"Sleep is for the weak." He protested, and I rolled my eyes, giving up on him.

RING RING went the school bell.

"Well, if you two are done giving me a health lesson; come on. Let's head to first period." Alex said and we nodded.

We went our separate ways to our lockers. When I opened mine, I grab my books and head to class, throwing out my disposable coffee cup before I came in.

Alex was in his seat already; which was to the left of the one in front of me. As I took my seat, and waved at Alex, I took out my note pad and started sketching. Sketching dresses and suits and shirts and gowns; for casual or formal. I REALLY want to become a fashion designer when I get older. I always had an adoration for fashion. I always made sure to dress well, and I typically help friends pick out clothes for stuff. I sew in my free time; like A LOT. I try out different patterns and fabrics to try to make something great. Some of my clothes were actually made by yours truly.

As the last student took their seat, the late bell rang. Believe me, you don't wanna be late for Mr. Washington's history class. 

'Well speak of the devil', I thought as said professor waltzed into the front of the room.

"Good morning class, I have news. We will be receiving an exchange student from France today." He annouced. Exchanged student? Mutters went around the room as he continued. "He's not used to Western culture, so please be easy with him," he looked to the ajar door and waved his hand as a signal to come here, "come on Mr.Lafayette."

At his signal, a tall mocha skined male walked shyly into the room. He had dark brown almost black hair tied into a frizzy bun with a curl or two going this way and that. He had the lightest facial hair and a lean slim frame, with rich chocolate eyes to top it off. I felt my heart beat in my chest heavily at the sight of him. His jeans fit his form well, accompanied with a deep blue tee shirt with a picture of a waving French flag, and his red backpack on completely.

I felt my cheeks heat up in the very slightest at the sight of him... 

"Come to the front of the class and introduce yourself." Mr.Washington gestured kindly to the shy new comer. Said new student walked slowly to the front of the class, visibly nervous under the gaze of the whole class. He cleared his throat as he began.

"H-Hello," god, his accent though, "my name is Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette," the class stood stunned at his rather long name, "but people call me Lafayette." I let out a quiet sigh of relief knowing I won't have to remember all of that.

"I'm from France and I moved to America about a week ago, and I'm not the best with English so please excuse my, uh, how you say, accent. I like making bread and such, and uh, yeah. I hope to have a good year here." He finished, and I was just completely in aw at this man. Just his overall vibe makes my heart skip a beat.

"Alright, Lafayette, choose where you'd like to sit." Mr. Washington gestured to the seats in the class; there were quite a few empty seats, considering this is the seniors class. 

As his eyes scanned the classroom, our eyes lock for a split second as he continued looking around. But to be honest, that split second was enough to make my cheeks heat up. I hoped silently he sat in the seat next to me (Alex sat in front of John, and I sat to the right of John with an empty seat to my right).

In the end, he chose a seat in the corner of the class, to my dismay, and we went on with today's lesson after Mr. Washington collected the homework. 

Throughout the class I couldn't help but glance back at him.. Ugh! What is he doing to me?! I haven't even talked to the guy yet and my heart is doing the stupid thing! I mean, I can't. I can't afford to fall in love, I'm already stressed with school and the future that me longing for someone way out my league is just asking for trouble. 

At one point he caught my eye, and we stared for a second before the Frenchman gave me a smile, and I managed to muster up a small smile, hoping I didn't look awkward, before we both returned our attention to Mr. Washington's lecture.

This is gonna be a looong day...

~

Hello hello hello! My name is JustYouAverageFreakshow but you can call me Ronnie. I like drawing and occasionally writing, singing, song writing, and being a completely weird dork. I hope you like this chapter, since it's the first story i'm posting on this site.

Night ya babes~

-Ronnie ❤💔