Two days till Christmas.

I walk past the coffee shop and look in seeing Peter working.

He takes up full ownership at the start of next year, his boss offered him the coffee house and he took it happily. I rub my arms as he busts the tables then I look away and keep walking. 

About ten minutes later, I'm looking up at the big brown doors and taking a deep breath. I push them open then walk in.

"Ah, Rosalie. Hello."

"Hi." I say taking my typical seat.

"Here's your Christmas present."

"Oh, you didn't have to get me anything."

"I wanted to. After everything you've done for me, I feel it suits you. Open it." He smiles then unties the bow.

"It's great Rosalie, thank you so much." He says and I smile 

"Now, down to business. How have you been?"

"Honestly? I've been incredible."

"Have to do anything with a tall young man?"

"What do you know of Peter?" I ask and he grins.

"I've been keeping tabs. I'm very happy for you Rosalie." He says 

"Yeah." I say rubbing my arms.

"What's wrong?"

"We have this sort of unspoken thing between us."

"Ah." He says

"I'm just scared you know, to have another relationship. It's just every time I think I've moved on and can imagine being with Peter, there's always a reminder of what I went through. The scars, nightmares, remembrance. It won't go away." I mumble.

"You can't let that fear control you. Not everyone is like Jacob. Besides, if you don't move on and accept the chance to be in another relationship, you never will." He says

"It's not the fear of Peter being like Jacob that's keeping me away, I know he's not. It's the fear that like with Jacob, I won't be able to satisfy Peter, that he'll bore of me and move on. I'm a broken, infertile, and jobless college drop out. Doesn't offer much in a wife to him."

"Rosalie, infertile? Why didn't you tell me."

"I didn't want to bring more problems to the table. I'm already messed up enough as it is." I whisper.

"Oh Rosalie, when did you find out?"

"When I was with Jacob, I don't remember the exact date. We were talking about starting a family and I kept telling him I wasn't ready. Which apart of that was true, but I think a part of me realized I wasn't ready to have a kid and that I didn't want to bring a child into this life. We kept talking though and it came back up and I guess I was so entrapped that I finally agreed. We tried many times, nothing came out of it though. So we went to the doctor and, I was infertile." I mumble and he sighs as I wipe away a tear.

"You have to tell him Rosalie."

"I'm scared he won't accept me if I do."

"If this boy loves you like you love him, he'll accept you no matter what. If you plan to start something with him, you need to be honest. That's the first thing in any relationship wether it's family, friendship, or romantic." He says and I nod.

"You're right." I whisper and he smiles.

"Well, our time is cutting close, will you be alright?"

"I will be. Christmas is in two days, it's going to be great."

"I'm glad, have any plans?"

"Well, first I'm going to get rid of this." I say holding up the papers to him.

"What's this?"

"The money my lovely deceased husband stole from businessmen and companies like his own."

"My golly." He says and I nod, "what are you going to do with it?"

"I have some ideas." I mumble and he hands it back to me.

"I'm sure he has many enemies."

"Yeah, one of them being Josh."

"Josh? Like your Josh?"

"He's not my Josh, but yes. He wants his money and I fear he'll do anything to get it back. So I need to get rid of it fast."

"Won't he still come after you?"

"I'll give him what I owe to get him off of my back, then I'm giving the rest away."

"How about the rest of his enemies?"

"They don't know the money has been found, and they don't know who I am. So until this money clears through the bank, as far as they will know, it's buried with Jacob. Which is why I'm not taking it to the bank."

"Seems you've got this all figured out."

"For the most part. Hopefully, what I give to Josh will get him to stay away." I say and he nods.

"Well, then good luck."

"Thank you." I say

Knock knock knock

"Hi, Mr. Jarren?"

"Hello Deborah, give me just a second then I'll be right with you and your husband." He says and the little old woman nods then leaves the room.

"Guess that's your cue." I say standing up and he nods rising as well.

"It is." He says and I give him a hug.

"Thank you, for everything." I say pulling back and he smiles then reaches behind him and holds out a silver box wrapped in a red ribbon.

"Oh, Matthew." I say and he smiles handing it over.

"You didn't think I forgot to get you a gift, now did you? You're like a daughter to me Rosalie." He says and tears come to my eyes.

"You're more of a father to me then I've ever had." I whisper and he nods me on. I untie the ribbon then open the lid.

"Oh my goodness." I whisper pulling out the snow globe. I stare at it, mesmerized by the angel standing tall within, it's wings spread out. Her head is bowed and her hair splays gently out around her frame.

"Expect miracles everyday, when you're strong enough to find your way." I whisper reading what is written in script inside of the heart placed beside the angel. 

"It's so beautiful. Thank you. Thank you so much." I whisper shaking it and watching the sparkling snow fall around her. I look up to him placing the snow globe back in the box.

"I will cherish it, always." I whisper giving him another hug.

"Now go live your life, you don't need me anymore."

"I will always need you." I say and he shakes his head.

"You've found your own way and strength. That was without me."

"But you guided me."

"And you're the one who actually took the first step. Now go, I'll always be just a phone call away. Merry Christmas Rosalie, don't waste it." He says and I smile pushing my purse onto my shoulder then nodding.

"Thank you, so much." I whisper then turn away and leave his office. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~