➫ ONE

edited

"Going to Samantha's party?" Y/ns friend asked her. This was their tradition every Friday. Y/f/n would ask y/n if she was attending So-And-So's party, followed by some excuse y/n would have conjured. This is the part where y/n offers y/f/n her rejection.

"No, I have to go to work." She replied, opening her locker.

"You have to work every time."

"Last time I went to a party with you I was left alone." Y/n recounted aloud, shutting her locker and casting y/f/n a glare. Before Y/f/n could come up with a rebuttal the bell rang, and everyone cleared the halls.

With books in their hands, they started for class, discussing a variant of topics, and proceeded in their chatter well into class through whispers and knowing glances. Midway during class, Finn Wolfhard, a messy-headed boy known to get one thing from girls only to never speak to them again, walked through the door with a backpack slung loosely over his broad shoulder. Eyes were thrown onto him from his abrupt interruption, all those except Y/n, who sat writing in her notebook, completely ignorant to the silence that had befallen the room.

Mr. Mason handed Finn a detention slip and directed him to the empty seat behind Y/n. Finn tapped her shoulder, but she pretended she didn't feel it. Finn kept bothering her throughout class, but Y/n somehow managed to ignore him, until after class, that is, when the bell rang, and everyone got to their feet. Y/n hurried for the door, but felt her wrist being grabbed. She turned sharply around only to find dark eyes peering down at her, like coal, or a stormy cloud.

"Let go of me," She pulled her hand harshly out of his hold. A few straggling students were watching their interaction, but their entertainment was cut short when
Y/n bolted out of class as quickly as she could.

"Hey, wait up!" Finn called after her.

Y/n spun around on her heels. "What do you want!" She was surprised by the volume of her voice, and her cheeks flushed.

Finn was surprised by her hostility and looked at her with pursed eyebrows. "Relax, will you? I just wanted to know if you want to go to a party tonight?"

"No. Goodbye." She turned away from him and continued walking. Finn did not move for several seconds out of sheer bewilderment, but quickly regathered his composure and caught up with her.

"Well let me be a gentleman and at least walk you home."

"I'm getting a ride." She said.

"Let me drive you home then."

"No. Do I need to spell it out for you?" She bit.

"Yes, that would be amazing." He teased, smirking down at her. Y/n only rolled her eyes, readjusted the straps of her backpack over her shoulders, and stalked away from him. This time, he did not help but follow, and watched her walk away with a smirk playing on his lips.

Just then, Sadie, a friend of Finn's, sauntered up to him in all her red-head, pale skin glory.

"Who was that?"

Finn, still smirking at the girl in the distance, said, "No one."

At work later that evening, Y/n was busy cleaning off the counters in the back of the diner while everyone else anticipated the party.

The bell sounded in the distance, signaling a new entrance, and soon after her co-worker Tiana retrieved the orders, Y/n was forced to take the food to table seven, a clan of rambunctious teenagers from school throwing straw wrappers and sweeter packets across the booths, among them, Finn Wolfhard.

"Here," Y/n plastered a fake smile onto her lips and set down their food, Finn's eyes on her the entire time, and even whistled at her the moment she started walking back to the kitchen. Y/n turned around and flipped him off. Finn gave a laugh and returned his attention to his fellow friends.

"Is that your girl of this week?" Gaten nudged him with a knowing smile.

----------------------------------
A/n-Hey guys hope you liked it.
comment or don't
vote or don't
bye!
:)

                                726 words