Ø15

MARLY
"You did not just posted that," I say seeing one of the pictures of our shoot with Hanna. "Well I did. You don't like the picture?" He pulls my closer to his warm body. I shake my head, I love the picture. And it's not that you can see any naked body parts, because that's what we had. A naked shoot, it was fun. "I do. I just thought we were going to keep it private," I say. "I can take it off if you want." I shake my head again. "Don't give away to many spoilers though." His caption is; Goodbye 2018, has been a good year! But 2019 is going to be even more interesting. I already know 😏. Nothing can take the smile of my face this year. Hope you all are exited for this year, you need to hold on tight I can promise you that. Thank you Hanna for this beautiful foto, follow this girl she makes beautiful pictures and soon she will have some music out.😃 Toodle-oo! I still laugh at the toodle-oo. Aussies have some weird words.

Through the mirror I can see Daniel standing in de doorway of the bathroom, watching me

Through the mirror I can see Daniel standing in de doorway of the bathroom, watching me. I finish my layer of mascara. "You look beautiful." His shoulder is resting against the doorframe. "I'm nervous," I say, cleaning the mascara on my eyelids. Like I said before, I'm bad at doing makeup. Mascara, eyebrow and some highlighter is all that I do. I can't do all the extra stuff, the most products I don't even know where they are used for. "Me too, but everything will be fine. Hanna is going to love it," he says. I can already see her reaction in front of me. Alex will be all cool about it, but loves it. I can assess how my family will react, but I don't know his. I know them but not that good enough. "How will your parents react?" Daniel wraps his arms around me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder. We look at each other through the mirror."They will love it. They are going to be grandparents after all." I turn around. He rest his hands on my hips, I wrap my arms around his neck. "Your makeup looks splendid," he says with his strong Australian accent. What makes me giggle.

"So this is a late Christmas gift," I start. Looking at the box in my hands. "You all need to share it together." Both of our moms look at us with their mom face, like they already know it. "That small?" Alex asks. I smile as I hand Daniel's dad the box. "What is it?" Hanna asks impatient. Only Finn and Sarah aren't here, because they are on their honeymoon, but we'll FaceTime them. Joe takes the ultrasound pictures out of the box. "I knew it." Mom and Grace say at the same time. Dan and I are smiling at each other. "Yay! I'm going to be an aunty!" Hanna jumps up from the couch and throws herself around our neck. "How long?" Robby asks, after they all congratulated us. "8 weeks. We do need to tell that it wasn't really planned," I say. "And we do wanna hear your honest opinion," Dan says. I take his hand into mine. "You are happy together, that's what counts. You don't have to be married before having kids. You don't even have to marry at all. It's your life and we are just a part of it," my mom says. I know she supports me when ever. She helped me through allot and I'm really thankful for that.

"I was a little scared to tell you and Joe," I say to Grace, playing with the edge of my sweater. "Why?" She looks at me. "Because I didn't know how you would react. Dan and I are just a little over a year together, don't you think everything is going so fast?" I ask her. A year isn't long, and we are already expecting a baby, if everything is going alright. She shakes her head and grabs my hand. "All Joe and I want, is for you two to be happy. Daniel is proud of you, the way he talks about you. He glows. He loves you more than racing, he would give it up for you." I shake my head. Racing is his life he wouldn't do that. "We had a little talk and he was thinking about it, but then you decided to give up your work." I smile. "You're happy with him, right?" She asks. Quickly I nod. "He's my buddy, my everything. I was already seeing us together having a family. But I'm just scared. The due date is on August 28 and that's still in the season. I don't know what to expect, how everything will go then. Will he be home between races? Or am I going to be there all on my own?" Grace moves her thumb over my hand. "Don't worry. Everything will be fine. Sure you have days you will be alone with the baby, but there are plenty of days when Daniel is with you, enjoying the baby together. You have your mom and sister, I'm sure they want to help you. And I want it to too. We are there for you." I smile. "Thank you Grace." I give her a hug. "Always." I'm thankful. She going to be one of the important people in my life.

"How did you found out?" Alex asks.

Three days late. I'm never late. This doesn't mean I'm pre-. No I can't be. I wouldn't mind, but still. We did is save, right? I try to think back, but I can't.
Nervous I'm pacing around my apartment. Those minutes feel like hours. Daniel isn't coming until tomorrow morning. How am I going to tell him? Why am I stressing so much? It's a good thing. A sign that we're meant to be. With him I wanna start a family. I check the pregnancy test. 'Pregnant 3+' it says. Relieved I let myself fall on the couch. This is crazy. I'm pregnant! There is growing a little one in my stomach. But I don't know if I'm ready yet...

Daniel is holding my phone up, we're waiting for Finn and Sarah to pick up. Then they appear in the screen. We all say hi to each other. "How is Bora Bora?" Daniel asks in a weird way. "Good it's beautiful here," Sarah says. "Better than the cold here." I giggle. He hates the cold. Even though I don't think it's that bad yet.

>>>
Vote please❤️