Ø6

MARLY
I bite my nail when Daniel leaves the track. Poor guy. In his home land. Luckily it's qualifying, and he is still in the race. Probably with a penalty though. But I feel so sorry for him. He was so exited. First race of the season. Yesterday went well and now his car failed.

Mad he walks into the garage. To be honest I don't know what to do. Do I hug him or do I leave him, and let him do his thing? "Again, a fucking gain," he's really mad. He walks into the garage and leaves as quick as he came in. I decide to follow him. I hear a door closing. He's in his drivers room. I softly knock on the door. "It's me," I say before opening the door. He's sitting on the small couch. His hands in his dark hair. "You still have a change on ending up on the podium, I think." To be honest I really don't know. He chuckles. "Small change." I grab his hand and look at him, while sitting down next to him. He still has a couple of sweat drips on his forehead. "I don't wanna disappoint them again, like last year." He looks down. "You need to tell me what happened last year." Now I feel bad, that I don't know what happened. "I crashed with qualifying. Stared from the pits. The race ended in round 28 because of a problem with the tyres." He explains. I nod. "Your a positive man Dan, show your people what you have tomorrow. If you win or not they will still love you. Just forget about last year. New year, new season, new car. Yes already a technical problem, but I can feel this year will be a good year, with more than one win. "Thank you Mar." He smiles. "Always." I kiss him.

He stands up and starts to change clothing. "Can I try on a suit?" "Yeah," he hands me a clean suit. I smile. "I can't get it over my boobs." I can't close the zipper all the way up. I laugh along with Daniel. He starts filming me. "Try it again." "I'm not going to try again, I will brake it." The tears roll down my cheek from laughing. "It's not made for you beautiful body," he says after he put away his phone. Not much later we both calmed down a bit.

Somebody sits down at our table. It's Lewis Hamilton. I didn't know him before I met Daniel, but I needed to know the people he is racing. The one he's going to beat. "Sup," he says. "G'day," Daniel says. "I'm Lewis," he introduces himself to me. "Marly." I smile and he smiles back. "You really thought that boy a lessen." How does he know that? "I did what?" I ask. He grabs his phone and not much later he shows me the video of me and the boy at the airport. They also filmed Daniel and all his does is just smiling, it looks so funny. "You really handled it well." "Thank you." I smile. "You really don't wanna pick a fight with her. I saw her boxing," Daniel says and moves his hand in front of his neck. "Don't exaggerate." I lay my hand on his thigh. "I'm not, I'm really serieus." "Are you a police officer?" Lewis asks. "No, a forensic scientist actually, but I had to be that first to become what I am now." He nods. "Your from the Netherlands right?" I nod. "Your English is good. Not really with an accent." I smile and say, "thank you, I like doing accents." Don't know why he needs to know that. "You do?" He asks interesting. I nod. "But I'm not going to do one. Maybe one day you'll hear it." "Too bad. I will leave you two now," he says and stands up. We say our goodbyes and he leaves. "He's nice." "Yeah he is. But you're mine," he says. I giggle. "Don't worry." I rest my head on his shoulder.

*

"You can do this," I say to Daniel. He's about to step in his car. "Release the lion... No forget that I said that, that one I practiced for Max," I fake. He kinda knows it I'm joking, but not for sure. I can see the confusion in his eyes. I can't get enough of that smile. "What animal do you have on your helmet again?" I seriously don't know what's called. I knew but I forgot. "A honey badger," He says and smiles. I can't get enough of that smile. "What is that again? I know what honey means, but what is a badger." I quickly walk to Max's side of the garage. "Max what does a badger means?" I ask. "Das," he replays to me in Dutch. "Thanks." I walk back to Daniel. "Are you messing with me right now?" He asks. "The first part I was. But I seriously did not know what a badger was. I've never heard of a honey badger in my life. Honing das." The last thing I say in Dutch. Thinking about the animal. Does it look like a normal badger? What is the difference? All he does is smile. It's so perfect. "You're so cute," he softly says. I look him in his dark brown eyes. "I love you," I say in his ear when I hug him. "I love you," he says back. I thought it was the right moment to say it for the first time. We both have a big smile on our face. "Good luck." With my hand I go through his curly hair, messing it up. He puts on his protective head thingy, I don't know how it's called, and on top of that his helmet. I watch him step in his car.

The light turn off and then the boys leave their places. Nervous I am for the first corner. I'm always nervous for the first corner, in my opinion it's the most exciting one. My heart raises a little. I don't want him get out off the race already, at all. This year he's going to make his home land proud. By finishing the race. Landing on the podium is always good but fishing is too. He already went from place 15 to 13 in the first corner.

I'm looking more at the tv in the drivers room than at my computer. I had to do something for work. He's battling for 5th place with Alonso. Not much later he's in 5th place.

"What are you doing?" Daniel walks in covered in sweat. "Some work." "You don't have to work, you have vacation. For how long have you been working?" He starts changing his clothing. "Not that long. And I know I'm free, but I thought of something. When we're at your parents I will put everything away I promise." He sits down next to me. He grabs my face making me look at him. He softly presses his lips against mine, giving me a quick kiss. "You did good. Almost on the podium." He nods. "Next year I'm on the podium." He smiles. "I'm proud of you, just like your fans."

I've watched the video a couple of times. It's was a good action I did. Nobody got harmed, that's always good. It blew up even more when Daniel reacted to it and Lewis retweeted it.