4. Leaving

I am sooo SORRY for not updating in like, forever!
As my friend, Louise said, there was a big storm and the power went out in our place. But now Im back with the LONGEST Chapter I've ever written!! Enjoy!!

The sounds of alarm clocks set to 5:00 a.m flowed through thef Layton house. The morning sun shone a pale light, reflecting itself to the closed windows. Alex fell to the ground with a loud THUD. Followed closely by footsteps nearing his door. He straightened himself up, dusting off his red Pyjamas. With the clock still ringing a repeated tune, he stood and turned it off. The door opened with a creak.

The door opened to reveal Sadie, Cassie, and Nigel, still in their sleeping garments. Sadie and Cass must have made up, he thought, whilst staring at the two talking gleefully. Nigel, however, didn't mind, he just yawned before making an excuse, "I'm going to go eat. See you later," he said to Cassie, and her only, for he hadn't said a peep to Sadie, or even tried to mutter an apology.

"Don't mind him," Sadie says, her hair loosened, as it shone lightly in the sun-lit room. She hadn't been wearing her beanie, and it affected Alex a bit more than he was supposed to react. He had given Sadie that as his present for christmas, spending all of his money. Sadie gave him a shirt from his favorite store. From then on they stuck together, no matter what happened.

--●●●---
After a quick meal of waffles, the four started to bring their luggage downstairs, Henry, their butler, arranging the bags. When the four stepped outsdie the first thing that came to view was the large campervan placed at the front of the house, towerig the small bushes that were in front. All they could do was stare in awe. The van was jam-packed with essential things, plus, it came with a swimming pool!

As the four began to explore the small depths of the open area inside the campervan, they noticed the modern, stylish, however compact design that was beautifully worked on. Before they left, Aggie stated that "It was made by the finest carmakers I could find in the country." Of course.

Once they got all settled in, Alex immeadiatley started the car, causing everyone to jump a bit before heading on to their neccesities. Sadie went ahead and started swimming, Nigel started cooking, and Cassie would be taking selfies all around the van.

It was nightfall, and the amount of food was ample for one more day. After that, food would be scarce.

"I saw a small grocery about half a mile from here," Nigel says to Sadie who was now driving the car, "Sure. Let's also make a pit stop for gas and more stuff." She replies.

Once the drive started once more, two fell asleep; Sadie and Alex, for Cassie had offered to take the wheel. They arrived by dawn, still having a small amount of sleep.

The shop looked small, but sure had a knack for having tons of items. After all the stuff was bought, they then headed back to the journey, until something stopped them in the middle of nowhere.

"Oh no! Why'd we stop?!" Alex says, going outside to take a look. He then spotted the problem. "Welp, looks like we have a flat tire," Cassie says, "Not just any flat tire," alex dismissively said, "We've got four of them,"