Dancing Snowflakes (Mark X Reader)

It was already 10 and still, the party was lively. It was as if everyone slept through the day just to be awake... everyone except me. I was more than exhausted as my eyes had started to close on on me. Luckily, I drank just enough coffee to keep going for a few more hours.

The Christmas party I was at took place at Dan  and Phil's house for some of the most famous and popular YouTubers. Though I had a small amount of 1,000 subscribers, I was invited to come. I couldn't say no to a party! Especially if some of my own favorite YouTubers were going. Although it was hard to talk since I was so excited but also nervous.

I didn't realize that most everyone there was either gay or had someone to hold onto, whether a friend or special other, leaving me the outlier of the situation. That's when I soon began to feel lonely.

I was thinking about all this while sitting on the couch. I saw that Sean and Signe had already left and was glad to meet them. Everyone else was still here. Holding onto my cold cup of hot cocoa, I stood up and walked to the kitchen as I threw away the paper cup. After that, I scooted towards the door leading to the backyard and took a step into the cold December weather as I held my arms, covered but cold. I could see the cloud of breath I made as I looked at the falling snowflakes around me. It wasn't until I heard a clear and low voice that I suddenly jumped from the silent night.

"Are you okay? You look cold." I turned around to see one of my favorite YouTubers of all time: Markiplier. Everything about him was perfect as I imagined. I was just a little jealous he already was stuck with Amy, but I really liked them together as well. It was something I couldn't understand.

"Just a little, but it's fine," I told him. Honestly, I just wanted to be alone. I heard his footsteps come closer as I was looking down. I looked up at him then turned around as I pulled on the sleeves of my red sweater. Both he and I were wearing his new Christmas sweaters the had him as Santa and Chica as a reindeer flying through the night sky in a bright red sleigh. Although his was black like coal.

Moments passed before I felt two hands on my shoulders which made me sigh. I loved him but he only loved me as a fan and nothing more.

"Maybe you should come inside."

"But..." I had to think of something.

"... the snowflakes!" Okay, I actually really liked snowflakes. That was one of the only reasons why I even enjoyed the winter. I turned my head as Mark looked up.

"Well, I'll agree with you on that." He stepped besuse me so we were standing next to each other. He wrapped his arm around my waist. Unfortunately, I felt this was wrong even as a friendly hug and he took notice.

"What's wrong? Oh." He noticed his arm, but left it there as I lightly blushed. He smiled at me, his facial hair fitting so well as his hair was swooped to one side.

"You know... I'll let you in on a little secret. Any and I were only pretending to be dating so I couof find the perfect girl. I never thought it might be you." I blushed harder at his comment. This has to be a dream! No, it was reality for sure. I felt myself feel lighter and butterflies flutter in my stomach. I leaned my head on his chest as he gently placed a kiss on my forehead.

Looking up into the night sky, the snowflakes fell and danced around us. I realized that we were both snowflakes; different and unique. We headed back in before Amy stopped us at the door and was pointing up. We both looked and I felt myself get warm as I saw the green plant hang down with a giant red bow. I looked at Mark who had a pink face but a sly smirk. I smiled brightly as we faced each other. He bent down, placed his lips onto mine and gave me the best, and my first, kiss ever. When we broke apart, I gave him a giant bear hug. He was the one I always wanted and I guess my Christmas was complete. No other gift could compete with my other snowflake.