Nuts (King of Squirrels x Reader)

The day was fresh and Y/N needed to get out of the house, having been recording too many videos for her YouTube channel. She thought a walk in the park with her black lab, Shadow, would be a great way to get out. Shadow barked as she tied on his leash to his collar and they left the house. Once they reached the park, Y/N let Shadow run around as she watched from sitting underneath a tree. Squirrels seemed to inhabit the ground, because she saw at least seven!

"Why are there so many squirrels?" She watched as a squirrel climbed up the side of the side of a tree across from her. She shrugged her shoulders, unable to figure it all out. She leaned her head against the rough bark of the tree, looking up at the small green leaves. It helped her relax, since she enjoyed most things about nature aside from YouTube and everyday living. However, a nut fell and hit her head, an acorn to be exact. She rubbed her head just as a squirrel shrieked in defense, wanting it. She tossed it to the creature and it ran up the tree she leaned against.

Curiosity got the best of her and she decided to climb the tree. Forgetting she was a bad climber, she landed back on the grass with a small thud, before someone jumped next to her.

"Who are you and what do you want with my squirrels?" She sat up and turned to face a man dressed in a red outfit with a cape and a crown fit for a king. She stood up and faced him.

"I don't want anything to do with them. I just gave the critter what it wanted before I could get myself bit." She noticed he had a beard of what looked to be peanut butter as two squirrels on each of his shoulders were licking his chin.

"What's your name?" he asked bluntly.

"It's Y/N."

"Y/N? Well, I am the King of the Squirrels, but you can call me Mark." She nodded before he grabbed her hand and placed a light kiss on it. She smiled. He was weird, but very sweet and kind at least.

"Say, why don't I show you my place. Your dog will be fine right where he is and won't wander off." She was a little skeptical but accepted his invitation. The pair climbed the tree, Mark helping Y/N with ease as they made their way up the tree. Y/N was the first up and couldn't believe there lived a small kingdom. It was like something you would see in a fantasy movie.

"Wow," was all she said as Mark hoisted himself up.

"Do you like it? This kingdom started just from myself and a few of my friends." Mark's crown was covered up by many squirrels. She couldn't help but blush and giggle. Mark just smiled as he approached the castle, but Y/N stayed put. He turned around and smiled.

"You coming?"