Cabin

It was mid-afternoon when the group of egos finally made it to the camping grounds. Some had already begun to set up tents while a handful rented a cabin to stay in. Darkiplier was one of them. He was not a fan of sleeping on the dirt floor and had his reasons why a cabin would be better. Of course, some of the others argued it wasn't actually camping.

Dark was staying with Google and Bing, who needed to be charged at night, as well as Dr. Iplier and Host. He was actually kicked out of the tents because of his constant sleep talk. Dark luckily got a bed to himself which he preferred. He was only close with Wilford and would only share a bed with him if he had to. The egos all stayed up and did some different camping activities including fishing, hiking, and making friendship bracelets... mainly Wilford and Yancy did this activity but they made a bracelet for each ego.

When it became later in the night, they sat around the campfire and made s'mores. Dark only ate dark chocolate s'mores, minus the cracker and marshmallow. So really, it was just dark chocolate. He listed to the others as they began to tell scary stories but he wasn't paying attention.

"Dark, you give us a scary story," Wilford said as he held his gooey treat in his hands.

"I don't want to."

"Oh come on Dark! Don't be like that," Bing remorsed, wanting to hear a story from him. The Jim's snickered.

"Leave the big man alone."

"Yeah," recalled camera Jim. "He's probably too scared to talk."

Dark immediately cracked his head just to look at the twins in particular. He didn't like being called scared. He had been through worse after all.

"Alright fine. You want a scary story? Have any of you heard about the snowy cabin?" The egos shook their heads.

"Hm. Funny. Because it just so happened to be at this very location." That was a lie, Dark simply wanted to keep them grounded. The Jims gulped while Bing was very interested.

"It was several winters ago. Two siblings, a brother, and sister were hiking in the snowy forest to find shelter. After walking for so long, they came across a little cabin-"

"Made out of candy?" Dark looked at Bing unamused.

"No Bing. This is not Hansel and Gretel. Anyway, they came up to this cabin, glad to have found shelter. They stayed there for several days and nights. The brother went out and chopped wood for fire while the sister tried hunting for food. But they could only find water, which helped them survive for a bit.

"It wasn't until one night, that everything changed. The brother heard voices. They seemed to be from a different place, farther from where he was. The sister was gone hunting but her cries were heard. The brother went to find her, running through the icy cold depths of the forest at night. But instead of finding her, he found his friend who betrayed the both of them-"

"Booo!! This is boring and not scary at all!" Bing whined as the Jim's were shaking slightly.

"I'm not finished.."

"But can you skip to the good part?" Dark glared at the fluorescent robot and stood up.

"I think I should get to bed. Goodnight." He quickly turned on his heel and left for the cabin. It frustrated him when he tried to talk to the others about the truth, but they didn't seem to care. That story was, after all, the last few moments before he changed for good. It hurt.

Dark looked around and for a moment he could see who he previously was; scruffed, messy hair, and wearing all the clothing he needed to stay warm and dry. Everything went back to normal for him but he could faintly hear the cries of his sister, calling his name.

"If only I could change the past. Sleep well, Celine. You deserve it."