Night of the Living Tent (Inktober Day 7)

They sat around the campfire as they took turns roasting marshmallows and chatting amongst themselves. It was Bing's idea to make s'mores together, but it the Jim's idea to tell campfire stories while doing so! Scary, funny, or wholesome - it didn't matter! Bing was done sharing his, which he tried to make scary, but was just dumb.

Dark was busy concentrating on roasting his marshmallow. He didn't want to burn it this time around, but make sure it wasn't too browned either. As he was rotating the mallow, he was surprised and he dropped his marshmallow.

"Sorry Dark! I was just gonna ask, do you have a story to tell?" Dark glared at Bing and pushed him away.

"I do actually," he replied as he got a new marshmallow. The egos watched him before he noticed what they wanted.

"Oh fine. Well... I remember a campsite that got burned to the ground for a particular reason. There was a haunted tent. This tent practically ate other campers, but not literally. It's not like something out of a kid's book with a mouth and sharp teeth, no. Once going in, there's no going out."

He then stopped and looked to the others, beginning to start the story.

"There was a young man around his early 20's with his girlfriend who was pretty young, about 17. Now typically couples who decide to go camping actually enjoy the outdoors, or they just want to have a fun night together. Clearly they went with the second option here. Now the man wasn't planning on staying the night, but his girlfriend did want to stay until dark so the man agreed to her.

"It wasn't until they came to a clearing where they randomly found a bright orange tent. No one was around, no campfire, it was just secluded. The girl wanted to immediately go inside but the man was unsure, however the girl was ambitious and immature so she went inside right away. The man, still cautious told her they probably should leave as it might belong to someone else. He didn't see her come out and tried to follow her.

"She instantly wanted to get closer to him so they did. Until they tried to leave, the man realized the zipper broke. He only had a pocket knife but was unable to escape. The two were "swallowed" by the tent. Each year after, a new couple or small group went to the tent to see if the rumors were true and they were. Unfortunately, they were never able to make it out alive..."

"BOO!"

"Ahh!" Dark dropped his marshmallow in the dirt again. He stared at it before slowly turning around to see Bing standing there.

"What? It wasn't very scary." Dark growled and immediately began to chase to poor human browser.

"YOU RUINED MY PERFECTLY GOOD MARSHMALLOW!! NOW I'LL RUIN YOU!!"