Him

Because it was always about Him. Even when it wasn't. He had an infectious laugh, the type of laugh people imitate when it's just that good. It's almost a long-stretch to claim that I once loved Him, but I would like to imagine that I did. If you were to look Him up in a dictionary, he would be featured as a synonym for the words "manipulation" and "cunning." I had nothing to be insecure about until I met Him. Insecurity took root in my feet and prevented me from running away. 7 months of Him and never I. Let's make up for lost time. 

     I was beautiful and petite. Just perfect. 

     I looked better with long hair.

     No I looked better with short hair.

     I had an original style.

     But I'd look better if I wore riding boots.

     I couldn't go to parties.

     I couldn't have male friends.

     I could exercise more. 

     I was never unfaithful.

     I was always accused of being unfaithful.

     Now that I've touched on the bad, I would love to drown in the good. He was my first real kiss. That I-forgot-how-to-breathe kiss. While he stole so much of me, I gained popularity and a new kind of attention that has quite literally crafted me into the person I am today. Losing him made me find a voice I wasn't aware I had. I don't quite remember the girl I was before I met Him, but I know she was hurting and she hadn't truly known what heartache was. I reckon you could refer to this as my trial run.