Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon

Start from the beginning

Asami: "About how he doesn't want any of us to help... Because he's afraid we'll get hurt..." I nod.

Korra: "He says he's seen me if I try and fight... And it doesn't look good..." Then he jolts awake. I look back and see him sitting there confused for a second or two before he realizes where he is.

Your POV

Valek: "They will all die M/N... And I will make sure she suffers when she does..." I see Korra tied up in front of Amon, but instead of taking her bending, he kneels down in front of her and turns her face to his. I can see the fear in her eyes. Then everything goes black.

I wake up and look around, I see Asami, Bolin, Mako, and Korra all looking at me. Then I feel sick, I walk over to the side of Oogie and begin puking. When I wipe off the side of my mouth though, I see it was blood. Then everything begins to blur and fade away. I can hear everyone's voices calling behind me.

*TIMESKIP*

Bolin POV

We land in Republic City and rush M/N to a hospital. I can see the worry on Korra's face, and frustration on Mako's. It was obvious Korra loved M/N, yet it was also obvious Mako didn't quite know that.

Mako POV

Why is she so worked up over this? He's done this before. So why is she so nervous?

Mako: "Korra?" I say as I walk up to her. "Why are you so nervous? He's had this problem before and he's always been fine afterwards."

Korra: "You don't understand. None of you know what he's been through. I could barely watch it. I couldn't even imagine what it's like to live through it once and then have to keep reliving it."

Mako: "Korra, I know he's had it rough, but you've done a lot for him. He might just need some time alone to think." She glares up at me.

Korra: "Really? You think time alone will help him?" I nod. "He was alone for 5 years! And look what happened to him! He was captured, tortured, experimented on, he had nightmares every night of his entire family being killed in front of him because of him! I don't think leaving him alone would be the best option!" She screams at me.

Mako: "Why!? Why do you feel so obligated to help him?! You've already done so much for him! Why do you need to do anymore!?" She groans and throws her hands up.

Korra: "Because!"

Mako: "Because why!? You've tried to help him Korra! Every time he ends up in the same place! He hasn't gotten any better Korra! He's always just going to be a fighter! He's always going to be a killer! Why do you feel the need to help him so much!"

Korra: "Because He Would Do The Same For Me!"

Korra POV

Mako: "Really? The man lying in a hospital bed right now! The man who always pushes himself to the brink of death and then just leaves you to try and save him!" As he finishes I hear footsteps behind him, he's obviously too frustrated to notice though. Then M/N appears, he's staring between me and him, then turns around and walks away.

Korra: "M/N! M/N wait!" I get up and run after him.

Mako: "See! I told you Korra! He doesn't care! He's just a street fighter!" I look back to Mako... And see M/N standing right behind him.

You: "Shut the fuck up." Mako whips his head around and takes a step back. "Who do you think you are? I'm not going to get mad at you though. I know you've been through a lot too Mako. But don't you ever, and I mean "ever" bring up anything about my past. Do you understand?" He nods and M/N walks by him. Then a nurse comes running out.

Nurse: "Mr. L/N! I'm tired of doing this! Get back in here right now!" M/N looks at me then takes off down the hall with the nurse running after him. "F/N! Get your butt back here right now!" I groan and run off after him. I catch up with the nurse running down the stairs after M/N.

Korra: "What did he do this time?" I ask her.

Nurse: "Well, beside ripping out his IV and chucking it at the doctor, then, well, it seemed like he was attacking anything sharp?" I face palm. "What?" She asks me.

Korra: "Well, you see, M/N, he uh, he has a large fear of needles." She stops dead in her tracks and I run right into her. "Hey! Why'd you just stop?!" She just sits up looking confused.

Nurse: "So, your telling me, that one of the strongest people in the world, and a man with scars like his. Is afraid of a shot?" I shrug and nod. She groans and throws her hands up. "I give up! Why is he so complicated?!" She screams. Then I hear M/N's voice.

You: "Hey, I'm not complicated." I turn to see him floating on the other side of the railing, right, he can firebend again. He looks at the nurse then to me. "Am I?" He asks me.

Korra: "Are you what?"

You: "Am I complicated? I think I'm a pretty simple guy to be honest." He says.

Korra: "Weeeeellll... Don't get mad at me for saying this, but you are kinda complicated. Especially in a relationship." I mutter out the last part. He crosses his arms and squints at me.

You: "What did you say there?"

Korra: "Nothing." He swings his legs over the railing and sits on the stairs next to me.

You: "I'm pretty sure you said something about me in a relationship." He says raising an eyebrow at me.

Korra: "Yes, because you are." He smirks at me.

You: "So, what I'm hearing is...?"

Korra: "You're going to make me say it, aren't you?" He nods, still smirking at me. "Fine! You're a complicated boyfriend alright!?" He sits back, obviously proud of himself. "You're a douche."

You: "Too bad you like this douche then." I send a gust of air at him and send him flying over the railing. "Hey!" he says flying back up. "That wasn't very nice." He says pouting.

Korra: "M/N?"

You: "What?"

Korra: "Shut up." The nurse and him just laugh. It was good to see him acting somewhat normal again.