Chapter 23. Sorry.

Age: 18

Your POV

"(Y/N), your strong. But your naive and stupid, you still have a long way to go." Pein's voice filled the woods, where we were currently training at.

"Oh shut it, carrot. Im strong as hell and I can kick your ass." I cockily backfired. His emotionless chuckle echoed through the woods, making the animals flee for their lives.

"Shinra Tensei."
I heard from behind me. 'Oh holy cow please save me.' Spinning around as fast as I could, I quickly activated my Sharingan. "Amaterasu!" I yelled out, aiming the black fire towards Pein.

He easily repelled it with his Rasengan, making my eye twitch in annoyance. I was slowly losing my cool, and pretty much as wanted him death.

I lashed forward, "Amaterasu!" Before he could repel it, I yelled out once again, "Kamui!" The black fire disappeared, and I continued my run. When I was only an inch away from pein, I released the Amaterasu. Aiming right for his carrot hair.

"Hey, you could've aimed for something else, you know?" Pein said, annoyance but also amusement in his tone. "That would've been less fun~" I cooed, turning my head to the side so I could see the leader.

Immediately bursting out in laughter when seeing the poor man. Why? Well, I kinda burned his hair and now, he has this ridiculous bald spot on his head. It looks like he's some kind of rebellious grandpa, that has drugs problems.

He glared at me, and hit the back of my head. "Don't laugh."

I couldn't stop.
It looked too amazing to not laugh.

He loudly sighed and disapprovingly shook his head. "Anyway, we have to work on your Rasengan. I know that you have trouble with it, so that'll be our prior task. We'll work on your physical ability while learning more about the Sharingan." He said, while leaning onto the stone cave wall.

I nodded my head, and cracked a smile at him. "Okay then.. lets do all that shit tomorrow, Im dead tired." Pein sighed and walked off, while I poofed away.

Now sitting in a tall tree, I could see the whole landscape. It was honestly beautiful and calming, but I was scared and worried. Yes, scared. Lately I've been feeling like this allot, and I don't know what to do with it. Its not scared as in scared for spiders, no, Im scared like, terrified scared. Not like watching a horror movie, being in the horror movie. Yeah, that terrified scared.

Its annoying if you ask me. Being constantly on guard and flinching every sound that comes from who knows where. I even jumped into Pein's arms when a bunny popped out of a bush. It was so embarrassing, I wanted to dig a hole and stay in it.

I looked up to the sky, full of stars. Admiring its beauty I lied on the tree branch. Wondering how my brothers were doing. Especially how Naruto and Sasuke were doing. We left them behind, with each other only. Something that I felt extremely terrible about. I wanted to go home, and hold them in my arms again, but I knew that right now, it wouldn't be possible.

Im strong, but Im not strong enough to protect them from all harm that could be done. Thats why Im not going home anytime soon, I have to stay and train. Train as hard as I can, to protect my boys.

I sighed loudly, while trying to keep my tears in. "Goddamnit why did things have to end up like this.." I muttered out. I felt a pang in my hearth when I started to think about Kakashi. And that was when tears started to flew out. "Im so sorry Kashi.." I whispered, guilty for leaving him without telling anything.

Flashback

"Kakashi.." I whispered, looking at his sleeping form in my arms. My back was against a tree, as his big body laid half on the ground and half in my arms. His head on my chest like its a pillow, and my legs wrapped around his
waist/bottom. "Hmm?" He said while still having his eyes close.

"I..I have to go." I said, petting his soft hair that he only let me touch. "Already? You just got here. Can't you stay for a bit longer?" He asked, sounding really upset. I kissed his hair, "I dont mean it like that. I mean that.. that we have to b-break up..."

His eyes shot open and he jumped up, looking at me with wide eyes.
"W-what?" I felt tears welling up, and my stomach turning into a knot. I gulped, and started to shake a bit. "I-I.. we have to break up, Im.. Im sorry." I looked down, feeling more tears daring to roll down.

When I looked up, my heart clenched at the sight in front of me. My eyes wide in shock as I watched the tears rolling down from Kakashi's face, his horrified expression, and the clear sadness in his eyes. I looked back down, trying to calm myself. I stood up, not looking at Kakashi, knowing that I'd break down if I saw the sight of him again.

I silently walked away, hearing him cry behind me, softly whispering,
"please don't go.."

Present

More tears started to come up, as I remembered the sad past.
"I broke him.." I said to myself, making me feel even guiltier. "I left him.. all his teammates left him.. we hurt him so much.."

I brought my hands to my face, wiping my tears away. It didn't really help much, the tears just kept on flooding. A grin spread on my face. "Haha, never thought that I would end up like this." I snickered, still crying. People would probably think I've gone mad if they would see me like this. "I mean, here I am, crying in a tree branch." I laughed while shaking my head, "really made something out of my life, am I right?"

I closed my eyes, and let an exhausted sigh out. Making myself comfortable on the tree branch, I curled up. "Goodnight Pein~!" I yelled out.
"Yeah, goodnight, (Y/N)." He replied, his voice echoing through the woods.

I smiled to myself and let the tears roll down further. Calmly falling asleep, making the best out of my fucked up little life.

"Goodnight Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi."

-

SORRY IT CAME KINDA LATE! I HAD A BUSY WEEK AT SCHOOL AND HARDLY HAD ANY TIME LEFT TO WRITE.

HOPE YA ENJOYED~ LEAVE A COMMENT AND A VOTE BEHIND IF YA WANT~

-