Night Four

Hi Everyone! Just Wanted To Wish Everyone A Happy New Year And As A Gift For You All As You Enter The New Year, Here Is A Chapter For You All. Enjoy And Thank You! Happy New Year!!

Night Four

Marko parked in front of Charlie's and I immediately jumped off his motorcycle. He chuckled at me as he got off.

"It's not funny. You drive like a maniac." I said.

He rolled his eyes at me and we both started walking towards Charlie's. When we got to the door we found it locked. My brows furrowed. Why would he have closed shop early?

I looked at Marko as he pulled out his cell phone. He dialed a number and put his phone to his ear.

"Hey Charlie, why'd you close up early?"

There was silence as Charlie answered Marko's question.

"Well, Claire and I are here, do you mind if we go inside for a bit?"

I watched Marko as his face started to go pink.

"All right Charlie I know your rules. Besides, you know Claire wouldn't let that happen. She'd kick me in the balls first."

I blushed even though I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Thanks Charlie, see ya tomorrow." Marko said before hanging up.

I looked at Marko curiously.

"Charlie was tired after the party yesterday so decided to close up early today. He said specifically to "keep my hands to myself and no sex on his counters with the young Miss Claire Marie." As if I would do that without your permission." He said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes as a blush crept into my cheeks. He pulled out his keys and unlocked the door. I immediately went in to the safety and warmth of the coffee shop. I sighed in comfort as I walked over to the counters.

Marko walked behind the counter and turned on a few of the lights so it wasn't too bright in here. I smiled at him and he turned on the coffee machine and turned around to face me as it warmed up.

"So, mind if I ask you a few questions?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Only if I can ask a few of my own." I said.

He nodded thoughtfully before going on.

"Why do you like it here, in Charlie's?"

I shrugged at his question.

"I stumbled upon the place one freezing cold night as Charlie was closing up. He asked me what a young, innocent girl like me was doing out in the streets at that time of night and made me come inside. He made me some hot chocolate and I told him everything. From that day on Charlie made me a deal. If I came in and bought something from him every night, he would continue to keep the lights dimmed low for me."

Marko smiled and nodded.

"What's the deal with your family?" He asked.

I was silent and he stared at me from where he stood on the other side of the counter.

"My dad...he works all over the world and has never been home for more than four days at a time. Andy, he plays football and baseball at your school and our dad has never once been to one of his games. And he is a junior! And when my mom is at work and my brother is at school, I'm forced to stay at home, alone. Do you have any idea how boring that is? No one to even talk to you..."