I scoffed at her claim.

Etiquette doesn’t even cross my mind like her when I first courted her. Within the succeeding days of courtship, I could only visualize her muttering, “Proprieties could very well hang and rot in prison of hell for all I care” then she would do the same routine as always: slapping on my face and slamming the door to my face.

“Well, that was ancient history, so just forget about it and embrace what’s ahead of you,” she waved her hand dismissively in the air.

I sighed.

She has a point and there was no point in arguing.

“Besides, its not only your life who you are going to hate after the week is over,” Belle said. When I look at her, I saw a hint of sadness flowed over her face. “It’s going to be mine as well.”

True.

After the week is over, we’ll be getting married at the end of the month. Let me tell you that wasn’t an easy decision for her but there was also a price for me to pay in exchange for agreeing to accept my proposal.

It all began back at the cafe shop. . .

“What are you trying to propose?” I asked her, still unsure what her proposition would be.

“It’s about your hand of marriage for me,” she simply said.

Well, that was new. “What about it?” I sipped my coffee, needed something to drink to calm my nerves.

“I have decided to agree in becoming your wife,”

It was a good thing that I instantly swallowed my coffee before I could splutter it from my mouth. Her answer caught me off guard and it was rather . . . unexpected.

“W-what did you say?” I wanted to know if she was joking or wanting to know if my ears were deceiving me. Besides, it was a serious matter and no need to kid around about it.

“I have decided to agree in becoming your wife,” she repeated patiently.

Nope. I guess I wasn’t hearing things after all.

“Well, I . . . uh, I’m honoured by your acceptance.” That was all I could say, just coming from her unexpected answer that still shocked me to the very least. “So when would you like the wedding date? Should I announcement to the reports of our pending wedding?”

Belle shook her head. “I don’t want to let the whole people to know about our engagement.” I just nodded, at least to respect her remaining privacy. Once were married, she won’t return to her old life since, paparazzi and reporters will be always watching every move she make just for a scandal to erupt that could ruin, not only her reputation, but mine as well.