For practical reasons, Belle does have point. Still—

I randomly picked out some bunch of strawberries and blueberries pouch and placed it inside the cart.

Marriage without love seems like sacrificing your own happiness for what’s good for you. Even if you have to lived in the same house with the person who you consider as your spouse, but still I would think they are not married wholly.

Yes, they have good understanding and communication, but deep inside one will always yearn for their partner’s love and affection, and not just simply for the benefit that they are married in front of other people.

I shook my head.

I can’t even survive with that kind of relationship and even if—

“Do you need some milk?”

I groaned inwardly before facing Gregory, who was holding a gallon of milk. I forgot that he was with me before I was slipped away from my thoughts about marriage and love.

I made a mental note to myself that Belle and I were going to have a serious talk about her sudden reconsideration about accepting the proposal.

I sighed before I nodded and gestured him to place the milk on the cart.

After doing so, Gregory faced at me giving me a hesitant look. “So what else do you need?”

“How did you manage to make Belle about considering your proposal?” I blurted the question that keep bothering me ever since she told me.

He stiffened at first, probably because he was caught off guard by my question or the first time I spoke to him since our encounter from the chocolate shop, and then he relaxed for a moment. He evaded my gaze and look at some other fruits on the row of baskets, as if he was pondering what he was about to respond.

“Well?” I demanded. “How did you manage to do it?”

His gaze went back to me, and I never realized the colour of his eyes were like those of emeralds. Those eyes were mesmerizing, alluring, and seductive and— what the heck am I talking about?

I shook my head to vanish those thoughts away, before I heard him replied, “I can’t tell you that.”

“And why not?” I asked as I cross my arms on my breasts. “I’m pretty sure you manage to involve her employment since I know that you own the company she is employed to.”

Anger immediately flashed on his face, which I almost regretted my words but I know that Belle’s employment was obviously involved with his proposal.

“I wouldn’t stoop that low just for her to accept my proposal,” he said in a monotone voice. He was trying to control his anger about my offensive words.