Rick Wright

Imagine standing waiting outside of a bus port, the weather smoldering hot on a summers day. The sun shining so brightly you had to shield your eyes from it's blinding rays with your hand. Your gaze drifted off to the cold hard cement below your feet, your mind floating subconsciously away, from realities grasp. Until a gentle hand was placed softly on your shoulder, pulling you out of you thoughts, bringing you back to the present. "Darling?" You swiftly turned your head to see your boyfriend Rick Wright, who was leaving with his band to go on tour, today. Standing up quickly, you couldn't help but run full force, wrapping your arms around his neck, Rick reciprocating the action, wrapping his arms around your waist. And chuckling softly. So much warmth and adoration in his affection towards you, you pulled away slightly to get a look at him, immediately meeting the warmth and adoration of his eyes. His smile lit up your heart causing the fire in your soul to inflame. You took his chin in your hand and pulled his lips to your own, caressing your cheek with the back of his hand. His smile faltered, before he whispered what neither of you wanted to admit. " I don't want to leave you, darling". His hand slowly falling from your cheek. Before it could rejoin its place next to his side. You grabbed it in both hands, like you where catching a firefly, holding it tightly in your grasp. You looked up at his saddened eyes, feelings your own begging, even pleading for him to just give in and stay. But you knew he had to go, this was what he wanted. It was his future, his dream and you would never be so selfish as to take it away from him. Even if you loved him more than any human you'd ever held in your heart. You pulled him in for one last soft, and deep kiss, he turned away before he'd let you see him cry. He gave you a reassuring smile before taking your hands in his own and smiling before one of his band mates called him yelling " come on, Rick. Time to go we don't want to be late for our flight!" He sighed. And kissed your cheek, slowly letting go of your hands. " I should go darling" He half smiled before walking away. You watched him leave your heart churning. The tears started to blind your vision. You couldn't take it anymore. You ran after him, " wait!" You called frantically. Rick quickly turned, as you pulled him into one last hug, kissing him feverishly. When you let go he caressed your cheek, "I really must go darling, I love you. Goodbye" you watched him wave and walk away that sinking feeling, that you knew he'd come back but watching the distance between you grow made the whole thing all the more overwhelming.