23- Thanks For Everything

Start from the beginning

"I think Athena changes because of you. " fang whispered, holding boboiboy shoulder with a smirk.

"What?!  No.. Don't be ridiculous, fang! " boboiboy almost shout. No ones know yet that he already confess to Athena.

"Ok. Everyone's here. Let's go! " ying exclaimed cheerfully, grabbing Athena's arm as they start moving.

"Umm where are we going? " Athena asked confusedly.

"Umm? You don't know? " yaya asked. Athena just shook.

"We, are going to the theme park. " boboiboy stated, walking backward just to face Athena.

"Ehh there's a theme park here? " Athena asked in shock. All of them hold their laugh.

"It's the most popular theme park in Pulau Rintis. How come you didn't know about this? " Yaya asked.

"Hurry up. I can't wait to show you that place. " ying who's holding Athena's arm drag her to run with her leaving the others.

"Oii!  Wait up!! " yaya and gopal followed their fast step. Boboiboy and Fang just shook their head.

~at the theme park~

As soon as they arrived they've try a lot games there within 20 minutes. Umm not all of them. Just the girls who having fun since the guys agree to treat them. The guys just sweatdrop seeing the girl having fun using their money.

But inside, boboiboy create a small smile upon seeing how happy Athena is. And yep.. day one completed.

Days past by as the heroes enjoying their school break very much. Due to the overwhelming fun that they had, they don't realize that day almost turn into week.

A week later

Athena lied down on the bed, her luggage is beside the bed and the room almost empty.

She's examined all the photos that she've captured last week. All of them were her precious memories. She took a lot of photos since day one. From the theme park to the beach. From a selfie to a candid. She laugh at every photos that looks funny and idiot 😂.

Then, her room's door flew open. It's boboiboy.

"Urghh..Knocking  the door first. " Athena getting tired with her common word every time boboiboy enter her room.

"Opss sorry my bad. " he smile sheepishly and knock it then, without any permission he comes in. Just like what he did every time he entered his cousin's room.

Boboiboy took a seat beside her who already change her position into sitting position. "Ready? " he asks simply, knowing that Athena knew the meaning. She takes a deep breath and nodded. Boboiboy grasp Athena's hand to convince her. "Let's go. Your mom'll wait at tok abah's stall. "
Boboiboy inform her. They both stand up and boboiboy help with the luggage.

Before they step out from the house's yard, Athena give a last glance to the antic house. The house that made her jaw drop when the first she see it. Now she'll leave it.

Boboiboy grab Athena's hand and walk along with her holding hand, Athena didn't refuse. For her, this might be the last time they holding hands.

As soon as they arrived all of their friends are waiting for them with tok abah and ochobot.
Athena and boboiboy take a seat in front of the counter with the others. "Athena. When you're at America, don't forget us, ok? " ying plead start to feeling sad.

"Of course not." Athena gives them a convincing smile. She don't want anyone to shed tears today, including herself.

"Athena you wanna order anything for the last time. " tok abah offers. "Umm, give me special hot chocolate, two. For me and boboiboy. " before tok abah start making the hot chocolate boboiboy stopped him.
"Nah it's ok. I need to go home, I need to settle down some chores " his answer makes everyone quiet. Athena gives a disappointed look.

"I'll be back. It's just for a few minute. " boboiboy sooth her and directly go to their house. Actually it's just an excuse since  he barely can't see Athena leave, or even worst he might cry in front of her and his friends, so this is the only way to prevent it from happen.

It takes less than one hour for Tina to come since the distance between the hotel and the house are not really far.

Athena's heart start beating fast. 'Where's boboiboy? ' she ask herself.

"Dah, your mom's here. It's time. " tok try to cover his feeling. Athena nods with a smile and offers her hand to kiss tok abah's. They hug for a few minute before each other letting go.

Parting time is the hardest. But that's what every human needs to get through.

The next one is her friends. They all are already in tears except for fang who still can control it. They make a group hug. Tina just stand in front of the cars, giving her only daughter some space, while Simon just ready himself inside the car.

"Thanks for everything guys. I really appreciate it. I-I'm sorry cause I've done a lot of mistake to you guys. " Athena can't stop sobbing. They all let go of the hug one by one.

"No you don't do anything wrong. And thanks to you too. A city girl who willingly be our friend. " yaya says soothingly. Others just nod.

"Don't forget us tau! Tau! " gopal cries. Athena chuckles.

"Of course not, you guys are my bestest friends. " she gives a thumbs up.

Athena wait for a few minute before get out of the circle. She's still waiting for boboiboy. But it looks like he won't come.

"Thanks a lot..Boboiboy." she says under her breath. As Simon helps her with the luggage, she slowly open the car's door. She about to enter but..

"Athena!!" a voice stop her. She turns around and saw boboiboy's running towards her. As soon as boboiboy reach Athena, he gives Athena a hug. Athena completely frost. Just for a few second, then she reply the hug.

"We'll meet again. " boboiboy starts.

"Huh? " Athena ask. It's the answer for Athena's question a week ago.

"We'll meet again, and on that time.. I won't forget you. " boboiboy says convincingly, holding Athena's shoulders.

"I'll be back. I promise. " due to boboiboy's convenience, Athena dare to make a promise. Both of them create a smile.

"And I'll be waiting. Thanks Athena, I love you. " and again boboiboy confess. Athena smiles.
"Thanks for everything boboiboy. I appreciate it so much, village boy. " Athena didn't reply the confess. Yet boboiboy understand it. Athena gives boboiboy a peck, makes him shock.

"Thanks" and again Athena say it with a smile before she gets inside the car, sitting beside her mom.

Simon starts the engine and the car about to move. Athena glance outside. Gopal already crying while others try to hold their tears. It makes Athena chuckle in tears. They wave each others.

"Bye Athena. Don't forget us!! "

"Promise me you'll be back!! "

"We'll miss you!! " they all shout from the top of their lungs as the car getting farther. Athena just wave without saying anything  just a smile. As her friend's shadow fade away, she starts crying,  letting all sadness out. Her mom just give her only child a soothing hug as Athena keeps crying.

Boboiboy pov

Three days have past, school start as usual, all the classmate were shock with Athena's sudden leaving news. Also along the three days, I have no one to tease with nor to stare at. I sit at Athena's seat, now I understand  why Athena loves to stare outside, I never notice these  lovely view ever since I get here. I look at the desk, remembering her. It've been a hard time lately. But one that thing I know.

"You've promised you'll be back, city girl. "