And although her day had started out happy, the multiple messages left on Roselle's phone that she had finally acknowledged made her mood drop even lower.

Reggie (8 notifications)

Can we talk? (1:03am)

I know I fucked up, but I can explain (1:03am)

I can't fucking sleep until I know you're fine, and I know that you're not (1:56am)

Shit, do you even understand how much you've been in my head lately? (2:34am)

You're the closest thing I've ever had to a real friend (3:47am)

You're the only person who's truly cared about me. I know I fucked up but that's only because I was jealous, there I said it. (4:12am)

I'm jealous because I've never been in love before. (4:13am)

I'm jealous because I will never mean more to you than what Brett was. (4:13am)

"Veronica, it's your turn." Josie spoke out, smiling in excitement as Riverdale High's most controversial students gathered in the lounge to give each other gifts for secret Santa.

Roselle had gotten Kevin for secret Santa. She had spent time shopping with Veronica, wondering what to get him but realised that even if her and Kevin weren't the same sex, they still had similar tastes, so the raven haired girl ended up buying him a grooming kit.

Although, if it wasn't for Betty and Veronica coming today, Roselle wouldn't have come. Because Betty and Veronica had continued to celebrate this event even if their ex was in the room.

So Roselle also mustered up the courage to come, even though the man that had broken her with words was staring straight at her with a look that made Roselle's heart race.

"Hmm." Veronica smirked, ripping her present open before her smile dropped. "Oh. A gift certificate for a couples' massage. Thanks, Josie."

"You can go with Betty, or your mom." Josie stuttered, making Veronica let out a sigh and Cheryl roll her eyes. "Or Roselle you know. Roselle you like massages right-"

"Oh, dear God, can we please get this torture over with?" Cheryl groan before looking at the blonde sitting next to Archie. "Betty, you're next."

Josie let out a little sigh that the attention was not on her before Betty had grabbed her present. During Betty's unwrapping of the gift, Roselle couldn't help but feel Reggie's stare at her. It was like he was forcing her to hear him, like he wanted to speak with her so desperately.

"Well, I think I know who picked my name based on these wrapping skills." Betty laughed, glancing at Archie who was looking back at her with a look that made the room slightly dense. Betty then pulled out a record, slightly gasping.

"My dad and I were cleaning out the garage and I found it." Archie explained, making Betty laugh before looking at the present adoringly.

"Swiss Family Robinson?" Veronica asked in confusion, not understanding what Betty's excitement was about. Roselle peered at Veronica, noticing how uncomfortable she was.

"Yeah, It's this old read-a-long record we used to listen to when we were, like, five." Betty laughed as Archie continued to look at Betty with a smile. "Oh, my God. I love it, Arch. Thank you."