Chapter - 1

Samira's pov

The bookstore was less crowdy today. I looked at clock and saw that it was almost 6 pm now. I stood up from my chair and took my bag. It was time to leave now. I live in a small apartment now. At first it was hard to live in such a small place. But now it's the most comfortable place I know. I left the bookstore and started walking. It's snowing outside. I should have taken a taxi but I'm trying to save some money this month. I need to buy some furniture. I literally  have a bed and two chairs in my apartment.

Three men were walking just behind me. I don't know why but I started feeling weird. After sometime they started walking faster. So I started to walk fast. But in seconds they were in front of me.
"excuse me, what do u want? " I asked them.
They didn't answer but smiled at me creepily. One of them tried to grab my hand. I tried to run but before I could they got me. I started fighting to get out of their grip. But I was one and they were three. Suddenly I noticed a group of men passing by the road. I screamed hard with all my strength. The man who was holding me put his hand on my mouth to shut me. But I bit his hand and screamed again. This time the group of men noticed me as they ran towards me. Soon the three men left me and ran away.

"are you okay miss?" someone asked.
I couldn't answer. I was shaking.
"miss can you hear me? Who were those men? " some one asked again.
I just looked at the person blankly.

Soon the police came. They asked me many questions but I couldn't answer them.  I don't know those men. I have no idea who they are. The police officer was in his mid 20. He told me not to worry and said that some policeman will stay outside my apartment tonight for my safety.

I was on my bed now. It's always hard for me to sleep at night. It's the time when all the guilt inside me starts eating me. I woke up and took a sleeping pill as I stared out the window. There was a police car outside my apartment. I took a deep breath as I went back to my bed.

I woke up from some loud noise. As I woke up I could feel some presence. I got out of my bed. When I went to the living room I saw a man standing in front of me with a gun in his hand. He was not one of those three men. He looked so dangerous. He put the gun on my forehead. I was too shocked to even move. Suddenly some one shot him on his leg as he fell down. I saw a policeman standing at the door with his gun. He told me to stand aside. I did as I was told. The man who tried to kill me was bleeding badly. But I don't know how he again got his gun and shot at me. For a second I thought that I was dead. But then I noticed the policeman was dead in front of me. This time it didn't took time for me to understand what happened. I saw the police fell to the floor. "run" was the last thing a heard from him as I started running fast. At this moment I really missed my husband, I really missed my family.