Chapter 11

Samira's POV

As I kept hugging Zion while being a sobbing mess, I felt the heaviness that was inside me, making me feel breathless, melt a little bit. I felt light after a long long time. As I hugged Zion with all my might and hid my face in the crook of his neck, I felt like I was finally home. I know this changes nothing, I know me saying sorry won't change my horrible past, won't erase the huge mistakes I have done. But in this moment I just need to tell him how I feel. I need him to understand how sorry I am for cheating on him, for betraying him, for not giving him the love and respect that he gave me.

After a long time, I felt Zion trying to put some distance between us. As much as it hurt me, I knew that I have to break the hug and face the reality. I broke the hug and looked into the eyes of Zion. He was also looking at me.

Finally he broke the silence by saying "What are you doing here at this time".

"I couldn't sleep and became hungry so I came here to find a little snack" I answered while wiping my tears with the back of my hand.

I saw the huge wet patch I created in Zion's shirt with my tears. My cheeks heated up instantly.
Zion coughed a little bit and said "Oh okay, have you found anything?".

"Yeah there is some leftover cake from dinner dessert" I said and showed Zion the plate where the cake was.

Zion looked at it for a moment and said,
"I'm also hungry, let's share the cake".

I was a little surprised. I know he doesn't like sweet things and he hardly ever had any cake I think. But I wasnt complaining...I was just cherishing every moment I have with him.

We were now sitting on the sofa. Zion decided that while we are eating we can watch something. Without asking me he started an episode of the "Friends" series. That is my favoirite serial of all time. And I was surprised to know that Zion still remembers the smallest details about me. It gave me a ray of hope that maybe someday he will forgive me. Maybe there is still chance for us. Soon the cake was finished. Zion didnt eat much. But it was nice to have his company while eating my favourite dessert. After eating we decided to sit on the sofa a little more and finish the episode. But while thinking about everything I suddenly felt very tired and I dont even know when my eyes closed and I fell asleep.

Zion's pov

Samira was clinging to me now. While watching TV she fell asleep.
She has an old habit of falling asleep while watching tv. After our marriage, me and Samira used to watch movies together during the weekends. I was never interested on the TV but on Samira. After she would fall alseep on the sofa, I used to watch her angelic sleeping form for hours. That used to be my favourite part of the day.

And after she left I had never watched TV till now. And today the same thing has happened. She is in my arms, fast asleep.  I was again transfixed by her angelic form. Her head was again on the crook of my neck. Her breath was tickling me. But it surrounded me with warmth making me feel complete. I know that this girl will be the death of me. But she attracts me like nothing else. Everytime I see her all I want to do is kiss all her pain away.

I tried to divert my mind and sat straight. Samira moved a little disturbed from my sudden movement but she fell asleep again. I let out a sigh that I didn't realise I was holding.

I stood up and then very cautiously took her in my arms to take her to her room. She clutched the collar of my shirt with her soft, pale hands as if she was scared I am going to let her go. I went up the stairs and finally went to the guest bedroom. I gave myself a mental reminder to tell Eric that Samira should use her own bedroom here from now on not the guest bedroom. I know she feels bad about sleeping in the guest bedroom whereas she literally has a room made for her in this house.

I carefully put Samira on the bed. She was still clutching on my shirt's collar. I gently tried to pry her hands off the collar. Samira said something incoherent in her sleep at my attempt to release my shirt's collar from her clutch. But I couldn't understand it. I finally let her hands off my collar and kneeled beside her bed. I kept looking at her pink lips for a while and kept telling myself that I shouldn't kiss her.

But I couldn't control myself, I gave Samira a kiss on her lips softly and left the room after tucking her on the bed.

Yeah, this girl is definitely going to be the death of me.