Broken Blade

3rd Person POV

When the flash died down Percy was in the Olympian Throne room. He was chained to the floor in Imperial gold chains.

“Perseus Jackson you are here for the murder of Annabeth Chase and the attempted murder of my son Rudy Estiban.” Thundered Zeus.

“I didn’t kill her.” Percy said with a small voice and no emotion visible is his once bright eyes. “I saw Annabeth with Rudy. I got mad. Mad enough that the ground started to shake. I don’t even use guns. If I were to kill someone I would use Riptide. I wouldn’t use a gun like a little bitch. The only person I know to do that is Rudy.” Percy said his name with so much venom you could feel it running through your veins.

“You did kill her Perseus and for that we sentence you to 10,000 years to Tartarus.” Yelled Zeus.

“I will not go back to that place.” Percy said. As he said that the ground started to shake. Everyone looked to Poseidon.

“It’s not me.” He said. “Its Percy. How is he able to use his powers in those chains?” The ground was shaking so much now even Poseidon had trouble standing up. Percy started screaming in anger. All of the sudden Percy disappeared into mist. The only trace of him was the smell of the sea.

Percy POV

They were looking at me like I was a cold-blooded killer. I got mad. Madder than I have ever been. The ground started to shake. At this point I had blocked out all the gods. The earthquake kept growing bigger and bigger. Finally it was so strong that even Poseidon couldn’t aim his trident at me. I screamed and my last thought was of the forest. I smelled the sea and then nature. Everything was quiet, the ground was even still. I opened my eyes and saw I was in a forest without chains and I even had Riptide in my pocket. I stood up and started running. I was running as fast as I could because I knew that the hunt would be after me.

I looked behind me and saw nothing. I turned back around and ran face first into a tree. I fell down and groaned in pain. I put my hand to my face and felt the warm substance known as blood.  I got up and ran to a pond and dunked my face into it. When I pulled my head out of the water I looked around and saw only trees. So, I did the logical thing I started walking in a random direction.

After about 20 minutes of walking I saw a flash of silver next to me. The Hunters. I thought. Shit. I pulled out my pen and uncapped it. Out sprang the familiar three foot bronze leaf-shaped blade of Anaklusmos, or Riptide.

In seconds I was surrounded. “Perseus Jackson drop your sword and turn yourself in. We won’t torture you if you do.” Thalia said.

“Sorry but I did nothing wrong. Rudy shot me for not fighting him. Then to get out of trouble he shot her to blame me. He is the worst type of male there is. I would never hurt Annabeth no matter how pissed I get.” I said.

There was the sound of a bow being released and I ducked just as a silver arrow flew over my head. I yelled and the river about a mile away exploded and surrounded me. I thought of how cold Thalia was being to me and just as I thought that the water around me froze. I commanded the water to cover my body and become movable ice armor. The water that was left obeyed. I felt myself grow a little tired from the ice control. Artemis had a look of pure terror on her face. I turned all the ice that surrounded me into spears and launched them at the hunters. I thought of the spot behind Artemis and mist traveled there. When I reformed I looked behind me and saw that the armor was still standing so it looked like I never moved. Cool. The hunt dodged all the spears.

I ran away making too much noise as I did. The hunters that were near me turned around and fired at me. Most I dodged, but a few got my arms and legs. I yelled in pain and dove into a cave, making the cave collapse behind me.