seven

A B S T I N E N C E
S E V E N

GRAYSON couldn't be anymore confused. Mabel still came over, still hung out with his siblings and him, but she acted as if nothing ever happened between the two of them. He couldn't quite figure out as to why she let him kiss her, even touch her, but the moment they might fall into a trap, she fled. He didn't mean to hurt her in anyway, but that's all he assumes he did. After talking with Cameron about it, she suggested that he talk to the girl, but Mabel continues to be suborn and not communicate with him about it. Even after asking both his siblings to try and talk to her about it, they both denied, for her privacy would stay private for as long as she wanted it to.

It drove Grayson absolutely insane.

Cameron, Mabel, Ethan and Grayson were all at the mall, Cameron needing something for her date tonight and needing as many opinions and as she could get. They were hiking toward the foot court, the twins grumbling obnoxiously that they couldn't go to another store without a refill on nourishment.

Ethan and Grayson had their mounds of Pizza Hut and Cameron and Mabel had their own mound Panda Express. Conversation fled easy, as it always did between the four. Mabel wasn't any different, laughing whenever Grayson made a joke or commenting on what he had to say. It was the same as she always did, acting as if nothing happened between the two of them. Grayson would feel slightly better if the girl would avoid eye contact or lack in responses, but, just as Grayson's luck goes, she didn't do any of that. And he struggled to withhold the irritation that came with it.

They were all cleaning up, tossing their trash in the garbage, when the food court erupted in chants and hand claps. Confused, the four turned around to witness the proposal of one women to another, and the typical celebration of kissing. Mabel claps rigorously for them, always adoring the idea of someone finding the person they want to spend the rest of their life with.

This draws the attention of not only one, but all three Dolans. Each morbidly confused as to why a christian would be cheering and clapping for a couple of the LGBT community. Weren't they known for being the biggest blockades in their struggle for equality?

Mabel feared her grin would never fall, for even she couldn't withhold her happiness. The marital celebration was always one she dreamed about it, and it made her even more happy to know that other people were finding their own happiness. She turned to her friends, all staring at her wide eyed and completely gobsmacked until she spoke, "What?"

"Why would you cheer for them?" Ethan didn't mean for it to come off rude, for he was only voicing all of the Dolans genuine curiosity.

"Because they're going to get married?" Mabel couldn't quite catch what they were throwing.

"Aren't you supposed to banish them to hell or something?" Grayson joins into the conversation, wanting to know her reasoning for not raging like they're used to viewing Christians.

Mabel finally caught on, "Are you saying this because they're gay?"

All Dolans nod their head simultaneously, still lacerated with confusion that they couldn't quite find clarity to. Until Mabel spoke, "If I were to judge others, God would judge me a million times harsher. And love makes the world go round, so why should I counteract that with hate?"

They were all pretty shocked by this, for they always knew Christians as the type to be more against the community than any other group they could think of. Mabel had always been a very loving, understanding girl that would never spew hate on to anyone, but since she converted to Christianity, they all assumed she'd be like the majority. Yet, they couldn't be more amazed that she'd rather turn the bible into the love it's supposed to be, than a single verse that's read as hate by so many people.

Grayson couldn't believe someone so amazing had fallen into his life. She was opening his heart one piece at a time whether she knew it or not, even so that he turned to the sky with two words, "Thank you."