four

A B S T I N E N C E
F O U R

IT was one of those days. A day where she picks Candice up from her house just to spend at least half the day with her. They were in a quaint, modern coffee shop called Maddie and Bellas, sipping on latte's that's they pretty much drank like complete fiends.

Candice was rambling again, as she always did, Mabel hung onto every word that fell from the younger girls lips. It truly amazed her how fast God can come alive in someone as soon as they let them in. It was a fresh of breath air, almost like a sign as to never give up, whenever Candice spoke of her knew findings and beliefs.

Except this time, Candice spoke of how distraught she was over the fact that she still physically reacted to a boy who broke her. She couldn't quite figure out how she could still walk past the boy that ripped any hope, any love, any compassionate she had for him, yet he still had the power to move her. How was it that she could still love him after what he had done to her.

Mabel couldn't believe how lucky she was to be able to disciple someone who was so much like her that it was actually unbelievable to anyone willing to hear their story.

"Let me tell you a story," Mabel began, "Out of all the seven deadly sins, lust is the one I'm constantly fighting."

Mabel could tell Candice was taken back by her confession, for something such as sex didn't seem like it could phase some one so much that they'd have to fight it. Mabel continued, telling the tale of the boy Grayson Dolan.

Candice listened intently, all ears on every syllable Mabel used. Mabel couldn't even describe how attractive Grayson was, from his body to personality. He was spontaneous, adventurous, and absolutely hilarious. If he was really down for a girl then he'd go to the ends of the world to be with her, to be anything for her. He was in everyone women's dream, he was every women's dream.

He was pursuing Mabel. His dirty jokes and lustful eyes had her easily weak, almost ready to be anything he needed her to be. She's had a crush on him for as long as she can remember, but the only thing holding her back from falling completely head over heels for him?

"He doesn't love Jesus," Mabel elaborates, "Every time he fights to have me in his bed or in his arms, I have to remind myself that this is the devil at work tempting me to fall away from Christ."

Candice contorts her face in disbelief, "Is my biggest sin lust?"

"No," Mabel chuckles at the younger, "But the way you love that boy of yours is the way the devil has a hold of your heart. In time, Jesus will fight that devil as long as you do it, too."