Chapter 1: Meeting Top Ms. O

"I never thought I'd say this, but there is nothing to do at Odd Squad today," noted Otis as he sat at his desk. 

Olympia was opposite him, instantly grinning stupidly from her sudden, great excitement. 

"But Otis, there's so much that we can do. Like watching the specks of dust float down," she commented enthusiastically with her mouth open as she bobbed her head slightly. 

Suddenly her expression had become one of shock as she looked upwards at an invisible particle. 

"Woah, did I just see an odd piece of dust," she wondered as she gazed at the tiny object. 

"Olympia," exclaimed Otis, breaking her out of her own little world. 

"I highly doubt there's anything odd about a speck of dust," protested Otis logically. 

"But this is Odd Squad," Olympia emphasized. 

"True, but I still think it's just a simple explanation of...," began Otis before he was suddenly cut off by his partner. 

Olympia had jumped up excitedly as her attention was still stuck on the recent topic. 

"Otis! Look," she called out as she pointed to the spot on the floor where the mysterious dust had landed. 

Gradually there was a swirl of beautiful, blue snowflakes and then a girl appeared. She was wearing an outfit similar to Ms. O, only her top was a lovely royal blue while her jacket was a starch white. The necklace around her neck was of a white, sparkly snowflake. 

"Hello, I am the top Ms. O," she greeted in a formal manner. 

Her hair was pulled up into a proper bun, the lose platinum strands softly framing her face. Her cheeks were a healthy, subtle glow of red, while she almost seemed to have a few sparkles near the corners of her eyes and glossy, naturally pink lips. Her eyelashes were dark, while her eyebrows were also a few shades darker than the almost white hair she had. 

"Hi, I'm Olympia," Olympia greeted as soon as she composed her shocked face from the way this new person had arrived. 

Otis on the other hand was speechless, which wasn't all too surprising, since Olympia was the one that talked enough for the both of them, but his gaze was stuck on this beautiful, young girl. 

"Oh, and this is my partner, Otis," Olympia added with as much enthusiasm as before as she went over to her partner's side. 

"It's nice to meet both of you. Do you know where I can find Ms. O's office? I'm supposed to be in charge for a few days. She's gone with O'Donahue to battle a vicious dragon in a cave in Hawaii. She didn't wish to tell you because she was worried some of the agents might panic without her presence," explained the top Ms. O. 

"No problem. It's right up here," shared Olympia as she happily bounded up the steps. 

Otis was continuing to stare at the newest face a bit as he stood up, frozen in place by her side. 

"You can come with us too, if you'd like. I could use all the help I could get. Otis, isn't it," she double checked. 

Hearing his name broke Otis out of his moment of being lost in his thoughts as he shook his head a little bit. 

"Yeah, it's Otis," he confirmed, keeping his arms crossed stiffly behind him as he headed for the stairs. 

He accidentally hit his foot underneath the first step though and stumbled, where he ended up falling and sitting beside the railing, attempting to act cool as though nothing had happened as he looked off to the side. 

"Are you okay," asked Top Ms. O, offering her hand. 

Otis simply stared up at her with his blue eyes widened slightly from her acknowledging him. 

"Y-yeah. I'm fine," he attempted to shrug off, but as he rose without her help, he was aware that him, Agent Otis had never stuttered before. 

Top Ms. O merely smiled politely as she watched him clamor up the stairwell, her following a fair distance behind. When she arrived in Ms. O's office she was in awe by how neat and nice it was, especially the area designated especially for juice boxes. 

"Thank you so much for leading me here," she told the two agents, Otis similar to a statue next to a still typical, overly-excited Olympia. 

"No problem," reacted Olympia, the wide smile never leaving her face. 

Soon the two agents were exiting the room, with Olympia practically bounding out of there, and Otis walking normally. 

"I wonder how long she'll be here, and when Ms. O will be back. I wonder if it's a big dragon, or maybe one of those little deadly ones that Ocean keeps..." Olympia began to ramble, but then she was interrupted by her own sneeze, stopping in her tracks as Otis walked on without her for a moment or two. 

"You alright there, partner," Otis checked, realizing that Olympia was frozen. 

"Yeah, fine. It was probably just a sneeze from all that dust we saw earlier," she reckoned. 

Otis reacted with a curt nod and went to continue traveling to their desks, when he heard the same sound, only louder that time behind him. 

"Are you sure you're okay," he double checked, his eyebrows shaped in their unique, squiggly way. 

"I'm perfectly fine," Olympia pressed with a gleeful, wide-mouthed smile. 

Otis jumped a tiny bit when she sneezed loudly beside him, her mouth still curved upwards some as she grabbed a tissue out of her pocket, blowing her nose. 

"Never better," she added, Otis not entirely convinced as he was now the one watching her walk ahead.