I can't reveal my identity to you, but I can promise you one thing.

What's that?

I will never hurt you.

Never?

Never.

...

Ok.

=+=+=+=

Harry spent more and more time in the library, trying to find out something about voices in one's head. 

You won't find anything in Hogwarts about this.

How do you know that?

I used to be a student here.

Harry searched anyways.

He found nothing.

I told you you were just wasting you time.

Shut it.

One night, when he was talking with Draco, Draco suggested that maybe he should try practicing his magic.

"If your magic is growing stronger, then we should test it's limits, and figure out how to control it."

The voice agreed, so Harry decided to go along with it. After all, it was an excuse to spend more time with Draco, which Harry had been enjoying. He had also been noticing things. 

Harry couldn't help notice the way Draco had light freckles on his nose from the sun, or how he was really ticklish in that one spot on his stomach (Malfoys are not ticklish, Draco had insisted, but he was smiling as he said so), or how Harry could make him smile, not the cold smile he gave everyone else, but a warm, happy smile like the sun that was reserved just for Harry, and made him feel special because he had never realized just how perfect this boy was. 

Nothing could get rid of that warm fuzzy feeling in Harry's stomach when he was near Draco, not even the voices harsh words, not Umbridge, not his classmate's cold glares, not even the thought of Voldemort and death eaters. Harry knew he could take them on, now that he could easily do wandless magic just as easily has normal magic, and was able to perform nonverbal, wandless magic easily too. After all, at their first practice, Harry had knocked Draco all the way across the room and into the wall because he wouldn't stop commenting on how his hair looked like a rat's nest.

They had decided to practice outside after that.

He was able to control it, and he had realized that as long as he didn't lose control of his emotions, he would be fine. The voice seemed incredibly happy with Harry's progress, and he couldn't help but wonder if the voice was there because of his magic. When he had asked, he only got silence. 

One night, after practicing with Draco, Harry walked into the dorm the find Hermione and Ron waiting for him.

"Where have you been going? Every night you always disappear, and you come back hours later, looking an absolute mess!"

Harry froze, he hadn't even thought of a way to cover up his visits to Draco. Luckily, Ron covered for him. 

"Aw, come off it 'mione, he probably has a secret girlfriend he doesn't want to talk about with us. We won't judge you for dating some girl. Unless she's a Slytherin." At this Ron's face grew angry. "They're filthy snakes who think they're better then us because of their blood. She isn't Slytherin, is she?"

Harry quickly realized that Ron was talking to him, he had been too lost in thoughts of Draco, and how he actually would be ok... with... dating him? What did that mean? Did that make him gay? No, he couldn't be gay, he still had a crush on Cho, but he liked Draco too? No, Harry was just mixing up his feelings. They were only friends, and Harry cared for Draco in the same way he cared for Hermione and Ron.

"Harry?"

"Huh?"

"Your girlfriend, is she a Slytherin?"

Harry blushed. "I don't- I'm not- I-I don't have a girlfriend!" He made for the stairs, but Hermione stopped him. "Actually, I wanted to ask you something else."

Harry looked at her in confusion. "Ask me what?"

Hermione beamed. "Well, we all know Umbridge is a completely incompetent teacher, and so we wanted to start a defense group. We could teach the students how to defend themselves, so that way they're prepared for He-who-must-not-be-named and his Death Eaters."

Harry nodded. "That sounds like a good idea. Who would be teaching us?"

Hermione looked straight at him. "You would."

The silence was deafening. 

"Me?"

Ron nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, you. You've gone through so many things, fighting Voldemort first year, the basilisk, the dementors, the Tri-Wizard tournament, and the dementor attack over the summer. You're way more skilled in magic then us, and you would be a great teacher."

"All of that was just luck! I'm not good at all that teaching and casting spells, I just survived on sheer dumb luck!" Harry couldn't believe they wanted him to teach. He was only running on instinct during those times, it was nothing like a classroom. 

You should do it.

What?

I said that you should do it, are you daft?

But why? I would be an awful teacher.

They're right, you've been through all these crazy ordeals and yet here you are, somehow alive. Plus, your magic is quite strong. You could easily teach them, they'll listen to their saviour. Harry could have sworn the voice sounded bitter and... jealous?

Ok, I'll go along with it.  

Harry looked at his friends. "Sure, I guess I can give it a shot."

They both looked a bit surprised, as if they hadn't expected him to agree.

"Ok then, we can get started tomorrow." Hermione said, grinning with enthusiasm.

Harry gave her a weak smile, and climbed up the stairs towards his dorm, Ron behind him.

"I mean, 'mione mentioned it, but we didn't actually didn't actually expect you to agree mate. I can't believe this is actually happening."

Harry smiled at Ron, then climbed into his bed, too lost in his thoughts to respond.

What did he just agree to?

YO ITS ME IM BACK FROM THE DEAD

Ok so this came out like a week later then I thought it would so I made it pretty long as a reward for you guys

wow i actually forgot how fun writing is 

i tried to explain a bunch of stuff and clear up some stuff that was a bit confusing but um yeah this was kinda a filler chapter

i'm going to try more often then every 3 months, at least once a month, whenever i'm free

i have winter guard in january and i'm slightly nervous because we only have the first part down and there's a rifle feature but i can't catch the rifle properly on a double? ahhh also when i fly to NY to see my relatives how do i practice i can't just bring a five foot flag and a rifle onto a plane? whatever i still love color guard :D

ok then um nothing else to say but school sucks as usual

bye i guess