Chapter 7: The Bargain

Jack and North managed to get Sandman from hiding in a corner to in the light making a deal with him. It was difficult however because Sandman didn't have words, but pictures. While all the pictures were dancing above his head it was like North and Jack were playing charades. Sandman would get more furious when Jack and North didn't get what he was trying to say.

Finally Sandy pointed to the Man and Moon, but North just let out a long sigh, "Sandy we've already been through this. I told you what Man and Moon said."

Sandy had a look of defeat on his face.

Jack went up and put a hand on Sandy's shoulder, "Please Sandy, we all need you to do this for us. Be brave. You faced Pitch once and you can do it again right?" he gave a glossy grin.

Sandy put a silhouette of Silvia over his head and shrugged with a frown on his face.

"Do not be worrying Sandy. If anything happens we will be here."

Jack took out the Snow Globe from his pocket and handed it out to Sandman, "Wait, but North what if Pitch doesn't understand Sandy?"

Before Sandy could reach out for the globe, North stuck out his hand in front of him, "You be making good point Jack. Should one of us go with?"

Jack held up his hand, "I insist I go. It's not like Tooth or Bunny would volunteer for this type of thing."

North turned his chin up at Jack seriously, "You won't be doing anything rash now Jack will you?"

Jack twirled his staff, "Now when have I ever done that?"

Sandy started to count on his fingers.

Jack nudged Sandy, "Okay okay I get it." he laughed.

Sandy stuck his tongue out at Jack then started to move his head out the door.

"Looks like Sandy is ready to be going Jack. Remember what deal I be telling you." he motioned with his hands, "Half and half. Switch every now and then."

Jack held up his hand, "I got it North, just let me work here."

Both Sandy and Jack flew out the door as Jack questioned, "Wait, but where do we find them?"

Sandy put a big question mark over his head.

"I guess we can start looking for black sand right?"

Sandy nodded in agreement then an exclamation point flew over his head as he bounded ahead of Jack.

"Alright buddy you lead the way." Jack grinned.

Halfway out past the Workshop Sandy carefully observed the ground then pointed and index finger at the ground.

"I don't see anything but snow Sandy?"

Dragging Jack down with him he pointed to a small clump of black sand.

"Alright. So we found one small clump of sand, but how does this help us at all?" he sounded hopeless.

Rolling his eyes Sandy touched the black sand as it turned golden. Then to Jack's surprise the golden sand started to follow the black sand turning it gold as it made a trail.

"That's ingenious Sandy!" Jack gave a small punch to Sandman's arm, "That is bound to lead us to where they are!"

As they took to the skies again the sand started to grow thicker and thicker, but there were no signs of Pitch or Silvia. Stopping Jack rubbed his neck, "Well Sandy, it looks like we're getting no where and it's been what...two hours?"

Sandy shook his head in disagreement like he was missing something. His eyes seemed to wander around the snowy ground at the sand looking for any other sort of clue. Wringing his hands together he threw out a bunch of sand as it all landed on the ground. To both Jack's and Sandman's surprise there was more than one trail.