| 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺

Start from the beginning

DAWN

The meeting was dismissed and everyone except Newt and Minho left the room in a hurry.

I shared a glare with Thomas. 'Well that wasn't so bad,' I told him.

He nodded, but had an uncertain look on his face.

Minho made his way towards Thomas and me. He playfully punched Thomas in the arm.

Thomas punched him back. 'Keepers? You wanted us to be Keepers? You are nuttier than Gally by a long shot.'

I crossed my arms and nodded.

Minho faked an evil grin. 'Worked didn't it? Aim high, hit low. Thank me later.'

Thomas turned to me and smiled. I couldn't help it to smile back at him.
Minho was far more clever than I'd given him credit for.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door, making all of us turning around. Chuck stood there, looking at us with big eyes. Lisa stood next to him, a hand on his shoulder.

'What's wrong?' Newt asked, standing up.

'Med-jacks sent me.' The kid answered, wringing his hands.

'Why?' Newt asked, his voice filling with concern.

'I guess Alby's thrasing around and acting all crazy, telling them he needs to talk to someone.'

Newt was already walking to the door, but Chuck shook his head. 'Um...he doesn't want you.'

'What do you mean?' Newt asked, hurt clearly sounding through his voice.

Chuck pointed at Thomas. 'He keeps asking for him.'

I frowned at the boy next to me. Alby hated Thomas guts, why did he wanted to talk to him so badly?

'Well come on,' Newt said to Thomas and grapped his arm. 'No way I'm not going with ya.' And they left the room.

'It was terrifying.' Lisa said, walking up to me. 'He almost looked possessed.'

I frowned, not saying anything.

Minho shrugged. 'Everything 'round is weird.' Then he left as well.

Lisa groaned and mumbled then. 'Shank.'

I raised my eyebrows. 'Who? Minho?'

She nodded, her gaze still on where the boy stood only seconds ago.

'A handsome shank.' I added, reminding her of the words she said this morning.

'Let's get out of here,' she said quickly, ignoring me as she turned around and walking away.

With a smile on my face I walked after her. The sick feeling inside of me was gone, but I still felt a bit dizzy. What happened today had left me shaking and with a lot to think about.

Lisa and I sat down against one of the walls in the sun and watched the other guys working. After I had explained everything that had happened during the Gathering to her, we just sat in silence.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back to the wall. Sitting here in the sun, listening to the sounds of the Glade made me warm inside. I almost felt peaceful. Which was weird, especially in this situation.

'I'm going to get some food.' Lisa finally broke the silence. She looked at me. 'Want some?'

I nodded.

It took a minute of five for her to come back, and now she was in company of Newt and Thomas. That last one looked really sick. It made me wonder what happened with Alby.