Depressed: Upside Down Chapter 15

Chapter 15-Lana's POV

Sadie. Gone. Never to smile again. Or laugh. Or sing. Or dance. Or cry. Or anything. Ever again.

I fall to my knees and cry. Cry and cry. More than before.

I don't think I'll ever be myself again.

"Alana? Are you in there still?" Either Connor or Karter says.

"No," I grumble.

"Ok I'm coming in"

The boy walks in, and I notice a lighter brown strip of hair.

"Connor. What do you want?" I say

"I'm guessing you figured it out?" He says, looking upwards again.

"Y-yeah. Why?"

"We're having a funeral tomorrow. I just wanted to know if you wanted to make a speech or whatever," He said.

"Yeah, I w-will do it."

"Ok. Oh, and mom says you can stay home from school if you'd like."

"Great."

"Well now I'll be all alone," I look upwards and see a boy version of myself. Well, only in looks.

"J-Josh? What are you doing?" I say

"Just came to see my sister. You know I can tell when you're upset. And even Karter knows you're a wreck right now," he says. I guess it is obvious.

"How long has it been?" I ask.

"Since when?" Josh says.

"Since you guys got home. How long?"

"Few hours maybe."

"Ok," I sigh.

"What time is it?" I ask no one in general.

"'Bout 2:00," Josh answers

"AM?"

"Yeah."

"I'm gonna go to sleep. Please get out," I say. Truth is, I'm just gonna start crying again.

"Ok, good night," Josh says leaving the room.

Connor pulls up my fuzzy round chair, and sits down.

"Connor I said get ouuuuuuut," I groan.

"I know you aren't tired and that you aren't going to sleep. I'm not going anywhere," he says sternly.

"Connor,-" I begin

"No." He interrupts.

"Please!!"

"I'm not moving."

"Fine. But I'm going into the bathroom," I say, running into my bathroom and quickly locking the door.

I hear Connor sigh, "Fine. You're depressed. I respect that. I'll leave now, bye. Don't do anything you'll regret."

I hear him exit the room and close the door. Slowly, I walk out of the bathroom.

'Don't do anything you'll regret,' he said.

The words won't leave my thoughts. Anything I'll regret? I look around the room and notice a bottle of Advil. I walk towards it, and grab a handful.

I get a glass of water from the bathroom, and hold the pills out in front of me.

I shake my head and place them back in the bottle. I can't do this. I know that things will get better... At some point.