Prologue

• Venované Lauren Montague

Prologue

A wolf without a pack isn't much of a wolf, or so all the other wolves say. Yet I've lived without a pack for years, never wanting or needing one. I taught myself how to hunt, how to hide, and how to fight. I know how to choose my battles and which ones aren't worth fighting. I suppose the only thing I haven't been able to teach myself is how to love. Being a wolf, well a werewolf, isn't very easy if you're hoping to reproduce. Not that I want to reproduce to be honest.

Sure, having a few kids running around unable to decide if they want to be a wolf one moment or a human the next would be fun to watch. Of course I'd have to make sure that none of the normal people saw all the crazy activity. Another reason why I wouldn't want to mate. If I did, it would mean not only making sure humans didn't realize I wasn't a normal person, but that my family wasn't normal. I suppose that's why I avoided human men, in case they wanted to have an actual relationship.

It's not against the law, well the werewolf law, to tell a human you aren't normal, since for close to two hundred years now "supernatural creatures" have been out of the closest. Still, I have to deal with one big problem that doesn't deal with me being a werewolf. I guess it's one of the biggest reasons I'm a loner, and another reason why I've avoided men. I like women. It doesn't matter if they're human, werewolf or even vampire. I simply like the same gender, although I'm not sure why though.

It could be how they understand, or how they don't get bossy and demand you to go make them a sandwich while they sit around. It might be that I feel more suited as a protective figure, since I've never been one to stand around and let someone protect me. Like I said, I taught myself how to fight, so I don't see the sense of someone fighting for me. Of course thinking like this, a woman might possibly show up in my life and prove that I'm not the only women who can take care of myself.

Sad part is that if such a woman ever did come into my life like that, I'd more than likely get me and her killed. People, no matter what species they belong to, have major issues with anyone who doesn't fit their current norm, which as of today is men with women and that's how it should always be. I still can't figure out how they can be okay with vampires who drink blood, and werewolves who love to feast on bodies, yet when it comes to loving someone who's the same gender it's a form of the devil. People these days, you would think they could just live and accept.

Thanks To All The Random People Who Read This. Also Thank You To My Weird But Amazing Roommate/Brother Who Gets Stuck With All The Editing Work.