Chapter 10: Spending Time With the Boys Part 2:

They all were sat around their kitchen table when you heard the sound of a loud truck out front. Slowly it got quieter until the sound stopped completely and the front door squeaked as it was pushed open. The occupants of the table heard a voice mutter,"Stupid door, I just oiled it last week and it's squeaking again already. Can't anything in this house stay fixed." At that point they all knew, including Tessa that John Castin was home. His heavy footsteps made the floorboards groan under his weight. When he entered the kitchen for a split second his smile faltered at the sight of Tessa. As he looked longer at her however recognition dawned on his face and his smile got brighter than before. He said,"Tessa? Is that really you? You have grown since I last saw you." His deep, full, belly laughed echoed off the walls and broke the short silence of the room. John had the same sharp, defined cheekbones as his son; dark brown hair and hazel eyes. His muscular build was similar to his son and he had on an old pair of blue jeans and a beat up maroon t-shirt. He commanded authority in his stance and his voice although you could tell he was a tough but nice man.

The boys got back to stuffing their faces and Mr. John took a seat at the head of the table. After almost forty minutes of casual banter and Tessa's polite comments dinner was over. When dinner was finally over everyone got up and started bringing in and cleaning the dishes. Tessa just sat their awkwardly not knowing what to do as they joked around while cleaning the dishes. She had never done her own dishes, no, people had always done it for her.

When the table was all clear the boys all settled into the living room. Carter and Derek where sitting on the faded cream couch and Conrad was sitting on a pile of overstuffed pillows. Conrad called her over, "Hey Tessa come over here were going to watch a movie." Tessa walked over and sat next to Conrad on the pillows.

"So what movie do you guys want to watch?" Carter questioned. "We have Grown Ups, The Dark Knight Rises, Hunger Games Catching Fire, and I,Frankenstein."

Instantly Conrad shouted, "Lets watch the Dark Knight Rises, it's the best movie ever! It has everything action, adventure, drama, and romance. It's awesome!"

Derek added his input, "Ok the Dark Knight Rises is a cool movie. What do you think Tessa?" Then the boys turned towards Tessa.

"Well I've never seen the Dark Knight Rises, but Anne is really nice and a good actress. So let's watch it."

Conrad started freaking out, "Wait you know Anne Hathaway! And you have never seen the Dark Knight Rises!"

Tessa said, "Yeah didn't you know my last name is Starz, my dad owns the Starz network, recording company, and the whole Starz industry. I get to go on all the sets, Anne and I hang out all of the time. I can't wait to tell her I watched her movie she said it was her favorite to make."

Carter gets up and puts in the DVD. The movie begins with the showing of three terrorist prisoners being transported on a plane with an inventor. Serious music sets the mood and Tessa chances a look at the boys. All three boys, even Carter are all wrapped up in the movie mouthing the lines.

About an hour later when Bane overtook

the city Conrad paused the movie. "Ok snack time." He said and Derek and Carter got up to join him in the kitchen. They were raiding the cabinets for junk food while Tessa came and pulled out a seat at the counter, watching them be boys.

By the time Tessa fully sat down they were finished taking good out and they were digging into the pile. At this point Tessa sighed and gave in she went over to the counter and grabbed a bottle of Pepsi, a jumbo Twix bar and some Oreos.

Derek noticed her and smiled, "So you finally decided to join the dark side? That's good because we have Oreos and they are the best." Carter snorted at Derek and Derek scoffed and looked offended. Derek said, " What do you have a problem with Oreos? Cause if so it's on, it doesn't matter if we are best friends I will fight for their honor!"

Carter laughed, "Well of course Oreos are the best why wouldn't they be? And no that's not why I snorted its because you sounded like one of the stupid Oreo commercials. You know the ones that talk about how if you gave an Oreo to someone it might change your life."

Now it was Tessa's turn to laugh,"Yeah I know what commercial you are talking about it goes something like, I wonder if I gave an Oreo to this guy, I, I didn't know, blah,blah,blah, I can't remember the rest."

This was the first time Tessa and Carter agreed on something and it made Conrad smile when he noticed this.

After the whole Oreo confusion as they now refer to it they deemed Oreos the best and sat back down with their half eaten food to finish the movie. When they were all finished with the movie they all clapped and said that it was indeed the best movie ever. Then Conrad got up to give an academy award speech thanking everyone he ever met for the award for the Dark Knight Rises. Half way through the speech after he thanked the coffee place he went to the morning before, Derek, Carter, and Tessa started throwing the popcorn Derek made at Conrad until it ended up a full blow food fight.

Forty minutes later after Carter pointed out that his mom would get mad if she found the mess in the morning, everything was all cleaned up. However they were all still laughing about it saying that tonight had been the best night ever. Tessa caught a glance at the time and freaked out it was three thirty in the morning. When she told the boys what time it was they all suddenly felt tired and decided to go to sleep.

Slowly the foursome made their ways upstairs and at Tessa's room she parted ways with a quick good night and a thanks for such a good time. She realized that for the first time in a while it was true, she did have a good time, she did not have a night that fun since "the change" and when she stopped being friends with Ava. That gave her a lot to think about that night. Although she did have a good time she knew she wouldn't be able to change that soon, not even if she wanted to, which she didn't. At least she didn't think she wanted to change back.

*****************************************

Disclaimer: I do not own the Starz network, Oreos although I wish I did they are the best, Pepsi, Twix, or the Dark Knight Rises; I, Frankenstein, Hunger Games Catching Fire, or Grown Ups

I hope you like these two chapters (part 1&2) because they were so fun to write. But don't worry Tessa didn't forgiven that easily. Soon I'm going to post a cast list to give you an idea of what the characters look like but if you already have a good idea in your head just ignore it. So keep a look out for an Author's Note.

The question is still up for who you think Tessa should be with this is the results so far:

*Carter-1

*Derek-1

*Conrad-0

Keep commenting on who you think she should be with

I'm so sorry I haven't kept up updating although I will try to do it everyday over the summer I only have one more week of school. But this coming week might be kinda slow because I have exams so I have to study but I will try.

I want to thank everyone who reads my author notes I really appreciate it. Also I don't know if anyone noticed but I have 96 views that almost a hundred so thank you to everyone who reads The Girl Hidden Within its my first fanfiction so I'm so happy that people are actually reading it!

Till Tomorrow,

LittleBug6453