Chapter 7: Pushing Away Mixed Emotions

The rest of the conversation passed by quickly for Tessa. She barley heard a word for the next half an hour. Though when someone would look over at her it seemed as if she was giving it her undivided attention. She was nodding and smiling at the right moments would add a laugh here and there. However she was not in it, no inside she was burning with fury.

She just couldn't believe what her parents did to her. Her insides crumbled a little when she realized that there was no one left she could trust. Sure she had her friends from her boarding school BrookStone but they were not real friends, true friends. True friends are people you can count on, people you trust with your crushes, you don't have to worry about putting on a mask for them, no they could accept the real you. And you could accept them to see it. She should know, she thoughts, once she had one before "the change" as she liked to call it. The girl's name was Ava, Ava Taylor. The girls had shared everything from secrets to hours sitting on the flour's of their room making fun of chic flics, while crying their eyes out. They knew each other better than anyone, each other's fears, dreams, and then slowly they drifted away. Once Tessa began to change she no longer trusted Ava like they used to she was scared to tell anyone what had caused it, not even her best friend. After months of trying to help her and doing anything to get her best friend back one day Ava snapped. Tessa was talking to some of the other popular girls at school the ones that Ava and Tessa used to unofficially lead. What Ava heard Tessa say made her snap," Can you believe her she is so annoying trying to pry into my life, trying to get the "old me" back I mean really, who does she think she is? Ava annoys me so much..." Little did Tessa know Ava was siting on the bench on the other side of the tree and had heard the whole thing. From that day on Ava stopped trying to help Tessa, she stopped talking to her all together and Tessa lost her best friend. She lost the only person she could ever trust, Ava.

The sound of a chair screeching across old floor boards made Tessa come back to reality. They were leaving the little cafe and going home for some down time. At least that is all that Tessa heard once she was concentrating on the conversation again.

Conrad was bouncing up and down with joy. "Tessa, Mrs.Cassie said that you will start your official work on the farm Monday so we have the whole weekend to hangout." And after a playful glare from Mrs.Cassie he added,"...so we have the weekend to hangout and get you settled to life on the farm." Tessa even in her upset state couldn't help but laugh at Conrad's childish antics.

Conrad continued listing the things they would do this weekend. "So when we get back me Carter and Derek will show you around the Castin's farm officially. Oh yeah I hope you know that Carter's last name is Castin well if not, now you do. Then we will have dinner because walking around their whole farm takes a lot of work, just letting you know I'm being very serious. Where was I? Yeah, dinner, so after dinner we will have a movie marathon! They are my favorite, oh Derek and I are sleeping over."

Derek then added," But you don't have to worry cause we will be sleeping in Carter's room." Then he flashed his handsome grin at her.

This caused Conrad to blush and say quietly," Well obviously that's what I meant I wasn't implying that we would stay in the same room as her in the first place."

Tessa just laughed their cheerful mood was rubbing off on her. She decided to pretend to be okay with everything to lure Mrs. Cassie into a false sense of security. Out loud she said," Its okay Conrad I got what you meant. Not all of us have a dirty mind like Derek over here." She playfully nudged Derek and smiled at him. As her arm touched his she felt a nice feeling it made her feel warm but brushed the thought aside. She figured the warm, dark restaurant was just getting to her.

The truck was full as three young men and a young lady were packed tightly inside. Carter drove, as always Tessa found out that he wouldn't let anyone else drive his RedBird (the red beat up old truck). She started to laugh slightly when she heard this but then stopped herself. Tessa may like Conrad and Derek bug that did not mean she liked Carter or his strange antics. She had to remind herself this. The ride home home the only sound that filled the car was Conrad going on and on about a topic at which Derek and Carter rolled their eyes at but I could tell they enjoyed his presence, they were all like brothers.

Finally they pulled back into the dirt driveway that belonged to the Castin's. It seemed like it had been more than just one day that Tessa had been there, to everyone especially Tessa.

As Tessa began to walk towards the door Derek and Conrad grabbed both of her hand and started leading her in the opposite direction. "Come on,now we are going to show you the Castin's farm!"

On her other side of me I saw Derek smirk at his friend and then he whispered to me so Conrad couldn't hear. "Just go along with being really excited about the farm it will make him really happy, please."

Tessa smiled sweetly at him. "Of course I will go along with it, in fact he's making me excited too."

The way he cares about Conrad reminded her of the way she and Ava used to feel about one another. She almost began to miss Ava, but no she thought. She did not support me through "my change" aren't teenagers finding themselves and I when I found myself she didn't support me. No, she didn't support me, forget about her Tessa.

Carter ran up from behind finally finished talking with his mom as he told them. With them all here Conrad's energy was over flowing. He started running and since he was still holding Tessa's hand she was pulled after him and Derek after her. Laughing Derek and Tessa shared a look. Rolling his eyes Carter had to sprint to catch up with his best friends and Tessa. Carter said to himself, "Well this should be an interesting tour, not like I have loved here all my life or anything."

*****************************************

I hoped you guys like this chapter I made it super long it's my longest one yet, I think.

Did anyone else love Conrad in this chapter? I know he could be considered annoying but he is so sweet. He's like everyone's kid brother, I love him he's my favorite character.

Also I'm starting to show you parts of the reason that Tessa "changed" so loo for more of it to come in random chapters eventually you will find out what happened. Though I'm not sure if it will be through her looking back at her memories or by her confiding in someone.

So I started hinting towards there being something between Derek and Tessa although nothing is set in stone you can still vote for who you think she will be with. Also I don't want you thinking I'm rushing into a relationship between the two of them I'm just making sure that if they do end up being together they have a little chemistry. Not just like "Hey Tessa let's go out." you know so it's not out of the blue.

I luv my viewers so much and I am soooo excited to have...wait for it... 34 VIEWS!!!! Thank you so much I hope you keep telling people about my story and keeping commenting and voting. Oh and keep voting for who you think Tessa should be with eventually.

*Carter

*Derek

*Conrad

Till Tomorrow

LittleBug6453