Blood Sacrifice: 30. Hold Me Down

Diana's POV:

I lick my dry lips and swallow my saliva. It slowly runs down my sore, parched throat. I wish I had a cool glass of water right now. My eyes have sunk in from staying up day and night. I haven't seen how I look but I know it's horrifying. My hair is in knots and my wrists are raw from being tied for so long. Dylan tied them back together after I tried to fight him numerous of times. 

I'm sore from not moving and angry from being accompanied by Dylan. He'd sit all day and stare me vulnerable on the couch. From time to time I'd hear Xavier yell from the room next to ours. The only time I had hope in escaping was when Dylan rushed back into the room I'm locked in furiously. When he informed me that Jean was killed. 

"I don't understand." I say, afraid that if I talk a lot he'll do something to me to shut me up. "How did he?"

"Alexander killed him. Ripped his head off his body then poof ashes to ashes." He plummets himself down on a chair and stares at the wall ahead of him. "At the same time that little witch of yours ran off. Nowhere to be found." Hope ignites within me and I raise my head from having it resting on the couch. 

"May is too smart for you guys. Next thing will be your ultimate death." I reply back and he scoffs at my comment.

"Never. I'm back for a reason and I'm not leaving." I narrow my eyes ignoring the fear I have from him. If there is nothing I can do physically, might as well hurt him emotionaly. 

"Aren't you afraid? You'll walk out here alive but not like you used to be? You're angrier, meaner, an abomination to the vampire species. You're nothing but being used by Edwin and the witches. They created you to use you. Just to sit here with me doing nothing." He stands, the chair flying back from hitting his legs. He marches to me and I squirm upward.

I lift my leg up to at least try and kick him away but he catches it in mid-air. Dylan tugs me off the couch by pulling my leg and I fall onto the floor. My eyes blur because I'm exhausted from being hungry, thirsty and from some blood loss. 

"Don't tempt me Diana." He bends down and comes close to my face. My heart hammers against my chest. I turn my head to the side looking away from his red eyes. "I can do more than just bite you." He adds as I wince at his words. I take a deep breath trying to not be afraid of him. I'm stronger now. I'm stronger then last year. I'm stronger then the time I thought life wasn't worth living. 

I snap my head back to him and we're inches away. Our breathing is in sync and I laugh to intimidate him. 

"I'm not afraid of you. Do what you want to do to me because I know my soul will be safe." I whisper to him and he eyes me up and down. He stiffens a laugh and looks away, licking his lips at the process. 

"If you say so." He shrugs grabbing a fistful of my hair. I shut my eyes yelping at the pain of my hair being pulled. Before he can do whatever he was going to do, the door opens wide. 

I look over his body in front of me and he slowly releases my hair. Dylan turns around and Ethel stood at the doorway. Behind her was Xavier and my heart shattered into millions of pieces. He looked like a slave, dried blood over his clothes and face. There is pain in his eyes when he looks up and stares at me. 

"What?" Dylan snaps through gritted teeth. Ethel narrows her eyes to him and points at me. 

"The King wants to see her."

"Now?" He complains and Ethel rolls her eyes. 

"Let's go. Don't want to anger him." Dylan grabs my upper arm and picks me up. I stand on my feet after sitting on the couch for hours. My legs go numb like static but I finally get some feeling after taking a few steps. I drag my feet across the floorboards while he holds onto me. 

Ethel walks besides Xavier but he's being pulled by magic. He turns his head and looks at me. I daringly stare back afraid that I'll break down and cry. The only thing holding me up from walking this far is Dylan. 

"Is he mad that May escaped?" Dylan asks the witch and she doesn't respond for a while.

"A bit." She faintly says in a hushed voice because we finally reach the corridor that leads us to the rotunda. Two guards open the large doors and there stood the King on his throne like last time. My lips quake in fear when the whole front of his body his drenched in blood. 

There's dead human bodies stacked on the side of the room with a pool of blood surrounding the pile. My stomach churns at the scene and I want to vomit the bile coming up my throat. I feel sick from not eating and being weak. I feel dead. 

I turn and see Jesse still alive yet chained on the same chair from last time. Alexander is brought into the room moments later with Walsh holding him. Juliet is standing next to the throne silently. They make us stand beside the long red rug in the middle of rotunda. Xavier turns his head and looks at me with a frown on his lips. 

"Bring the girl." The King says after a long moment of silence. I inhale deeply getting sick of being dragged around like a ragged doll. Walsh approaches me and tilts his head to the side, admiring my ill figure. I spit in his face and he flinches when it hits him. I hear him grunt while wiping the saliva off his face. 

He grabs my tied wrists and tugs me towards the throne. Edwin stands and walks towards me in long strides. I jerk my head when he caresses my cheek. His fingers are wet with blood and they stain my cheek. I stare into his eyes and he grins with his fangs protruding against his bottom lip. 

"Diana help me out here. Where would May go?" He asks me in a dark tone. I try to look at the brothers but he tightens his grip on my face. He squeezes me so hard that my cheeks starts to hurt against my teeth. "Ah ah don't look at them. Look at me." He adds. "Where would she go?"

"I don't know." 

"You're lying." He pulls away from holding me and kicks the table that's besides his throne. It flies in the air, pieces of it breaking apart from the impact of kicking it. 

"I'm not! I don't know. I don't even know if she can find a way home." I admit but deep down I know May isn't that dumb. I know she can find a way. The King stops walking and sighs. I can't help but look at the pile of bodies he savagely killed. 

"You know day by day we're taking humans. Killing them and turning them." My mouth drops in shock. "This will be my kingdom. Just like it used to be. I'm not going to be afraid to get your parents involved." My breath hitches in my throat. 

"You wouldn't." Xavier's voice echoes and the King turns to him. A devilish smirk is on his lips. 

"You don't know me, boy. I won't be afraid taking her little baby sister too." My eyes widen and I shake my head.

"No don't. Do whatever you want to me just don't hurt them. Feed on me, beat me, kill me but not them." I plead afraid of my own life in line but I can't have my family involved. They don't deserve this. 

"But look at you now. You're fed from, you're abused and you look like nothing but a dead body." He inches closer to me and I can't help but take a step back. "Why would I want you?"

"I will do anything you desire." I reply to his question. His laugh booms in the empty room of quiet people watching. From the corner of my eye I see Ethel giggling to herself. 

"Get her out of here. Might as well use her as a slave until she dies. Ethel lock her up with Jesse. He'll probably... eat her." They untangle Jesse from the chair and Walsh drags him across the room. Ethel grabs my arm but I pull away from her grip, letting her know I can walk myself. 

"I'll keep my grandchildren here. I want Xavier to watch his brother die." I gasp at his words and I stop walking. I turn around to look at Xavier and Alexander. Xavier is held back by two guards and Alexander willingly walks to Edwin. Waiting for his death. 

~~~~

No, no, no, no! Someone needs to come and rescue them ASAP!

I'm afraid. I feel so bad for them. Why can't I be a nice author! *cries*

vote

comment 

follow me :)