Blood Sacrifice: 10. Back Home

Hours later Xavier, May and I headed to my parents house. I wasn't nervous at all, some part of me actually missed them. I'm suppose to feel that though, they are my parents after all.

Even though we went through a lot, I still truly cared about them. During my mother's pregnancy I made sure to call her every night and ask her if she's okay and if she needed me.

"Don't worry about your old lady over here." She would chuckle. "You have a bigger life at the moment and you need to watch yourself."

I felt bad even when I couldn't make it to the birth of my sisters. I went with Xavier to one of his meetings with other vampires that was six hours away from home. I felt really bad though because she had a tough time. Dad was working too so she was all alone.

They were both nervous also because mom isn't that young and they wondered if the baby was going to have a disability. After all she was healthy and good but it still kept mom in silence for the first couple of months when they didn't find out yet.

Xavier nudges me against my shoulder because I zoned out until we arrived. The house is still the same, the green leaves on the large trees and the porch full with chairs where we always sat out at night.

"Where are we?" May asks for the second time and I smile, running my hand down her long curly locks.

"We are at my mommy and daddy's house." She grew silent for a moment, rethinking that her mommy and daddy aren't here anymore. I feel a pang of pity in the pit of my stomach but after she retreats me with a large smile.

"I can't wait to meet them!" She cheers and I open the door for her, letting her hop out of the car. Now it's only Xavier and I in the car. I stare at him long and good before giving him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"If you are still wondering if they like you or not-" He groans, opening the other side of the car door and getting out. I get out on the same side May got out from and we both meet each other once again on the porch.

"I'm not thinking about that because I don't care what they think because you are still going to be mine. I'm just thinking about-" I bring my index finger up to his lips, cutting him off from speaking.

"Not now, we are not going to talk about that. Everything will be okay." We are not going to ruin everyday of our lives thinking about Antonia's father coming back to kill us all. Xavier sighs, his blue eyes saddening about it. I give him a deadly warning with a strict look my face before pressing on the doorbell.

It rings through the whole house and of course I get memories of it ringing whenever Madison came over. I hear voices inside and I quickly tell May to come besides me. She obeys and when she shyly stands next to me, I grab her softly by the shoulders and I bring her in front of me.

The door opens wide and I'm greeted by my father. His dark hair has specks of grey but besides that he still looks the same. His smile slowly vanishes off his face when he looks down to see May.

"Uh honey! I think Diana and Xavier secretly had a kid without us knowing!" He shouts into the house and I suddenly hear a sound of pots and pans falling onto the ground.

"What! Are you insane!" She screams, marching to the door and standing besides dad. "That's impossible because we saw her less than nine months and that kid is like six years old!" Oh mom.

"Well hello to you guys too." I awkwardly say and mom gives me a soft smile.

"Before you explain to us why you have a child give your mom a hug." We engulf each other with a hug and Xavier tries to greet my father but my father shows no acknowledgment towards him.