I. A Moment of Recollection

*Jade Fiercwen kept on wandering, her dark brown eyes fixed on the brick path before her. She didn't blink nor did she become aware of where she was. The girl appeared hypnotized unable to do anything else but walk, holding in her arms two belongings.

Jade suddenly halted in her tracks.

"Keep walking! Don't stop until its safe!"

Echoed a voice in her head. She blinked, breathing in almost in a panic. Her heart raced when she took in her surroundings. It was dark. An essences of green light lingered behind the dark thick clouds. The road she stood upon was surrounded by a flat, leveled field of green grass, stretching endlessly around her.

Jade's eyes became fixed on what lay ahead of her, a mansion which stood tall, isolated, and dark.

Jade wondered what time it was and what day it was. She began to notice that she was wearing a school uniform and holding books along with a knife in her hand. She looked at the knife, puzzled. How did she get the knife?

The girl couldn't remember how she got to where she was or what happened before that. All she remembered was that she was in town getting her books she had order two days before school started. Then, and then...she couldn't remember what happened next. The dark skinned girl's eyebrows narrowed as she continued to think.

What happened next, she thought to herself. Jade closed her eyes in deep thought, struggling to remember. Then--It came to her. A man had approached her. She could see the man come up to her in the crowded market, but the man just looked like a dark figure as she tried to remember. She couldn't see his face.

Who is he? She had come back to another dead end. I'll have to deal with that later. I need to figure out where the heck am I and get back to school.

Jade opened her eyes. She looked up at the mansion.

Weird. A mansion in the middle of a field. How did it even get here? Maybe the people in there could tell me where I am.

Jade ascended the stair and up to the door. She was about to knock but realized she still had the knife in her hand. She quickly hid it behind her back under the strap on her skirt. She then knocked loudly on the door and then rang the doorbell. The sound of the doorbell was loud and long. The bell's chime echoed throughtout the deserted field. Jade stood there for what seemed like an hour. Nobody had come. She was getting frustrated. She didn't want to be stuck here without anyone's help to get back to school. It would probably take her forever. How could nobody be living here? Someone must be here! She thought impatiently.

An old antique style peephole opened on the front door and an eye appeared through it.

"Yes?" said the voice of a woman.

"Sorry to bother you," Jade said. "But I seem to be lost. I don't know where--"

"Oh, dear," interrupted the woman. She slammed peephole shut and flung the door opened. "You poor thing! How long have you be wondering about? This place isn't easy to find. So many folks from town end up getting lost here and then asking for directions!"

The woman's voice was high pitched with a hint of happiness and worry in her southern accent. She was in her mid-forties but looked quite beautiful and healthy for her age. She had blonde hair with strikes of brown in her hair. The woman wore a ragged dress. Almost like a house maid would wear.

"Darlin'!" she called from inside. "We have a guest! Come down and introduce yourself. Get the kids as well. This isn't exactly our home. It's an Inn. Many people here have just gotten done with dinner and have headed upstairs to sleep."