36

Taehyung's pov

After four years I decided to come back to Seoul. I couldn't leave forever I couldn't leave my loved ones behind, especially Mia.

I don't have a permanent residence yet so I'm staying over at hotels. I would regularly walk around the neighborhood where Mia and I used to live but I heard she moved. After some time I finally found out where she was staying. Turned out she had bought an apartment nearby.

I've imagined so many times that I would see her again, smiling at me.

And I did, I saw her.

But it wasn't like how I had imagined. She was with a little boy.

Could she have remarried someone else?

I shook my head as I couldn't believe myself. It can't be her son. He must be a kid that she's been babysitting.

Then I heard the boy call her  "mommy."

Did she really remarry someone else?

This won't do, I need to know what's going on after all these years.

I nervously walked to her apartment. Will I scare her too much? There's no other way. I just need to be silent.

I rang the bell and Mia opened the door. I almost cried finally seeing her up so close. She startled the moment she saw me and wanted to close the door again.

She probably doesn't recognize me in this mask.

It's all of nothing, I thought. I need to reveal myself. This is the moment.

I backed her up and kept my hand on her mouth, preventing her from screaming and waking up her son.

I slowly removed my hand from her mouth as she looked at me in fear. I took a step forward, my face now half visible from the dim light that was shining above us. My face was only inches away from her as I deeply looked into her eyes. I knew she finally recognized me from the look in my eyes.

"I-it's you?" She gasped in shock

End of Taehyung's pov.

"Yes, it's me. Please don't be afraid." Taehyung said removing the mask from his mouth.

You blinked a few times, thinking that you were still hallucinating. "H-how? Why did you do that?" You stuttered thinking you were dreaming.

"I'm sorry I- I was scared to come back. To come back to everything that I've left behind."

After those words sudden anger started to form inside of you. "Do you know how much you've scared me? Why did you leave anyways? Because you are clearly not dead." You spoke even though you were crying from the inside by seeing him after all these years, standing in front of you, breathing and alive.

"Hansung was literally sleeping in the room next door." You scolded.

"Hansung?" Taehyung asked. "Your son."

You fell silent but nodded after.

He scoffed as his curiosities had been confirmed. "She has a son with someone else." He thought.

"On paper we are still husband and wife." Taehyung started.

"No." you said. "On paper it says that I'm a widow."

"That still doesn't give you the right to remarry so quickly." He defended as you looked at him in shock.

"R-remarried?" You exclaimed. "I didn't marry anyone after you left!"