18: Merry Christmas, Darling

Start from the beginning

"Cam, for the last time, leave-me-alone-" He grunts, but I interrupt him.

"It's not Cam."

He stiffens and barely throws me a look over his shoulder.

"Blythe," He says, my name like a curse on his lips, "what are you doing here?"

"Merry Christmas," I say, removing my beret and boots and beginning to untie my robe.

"Stop," he orders, still looking ahead.

"Why?" I question, my fingers stilling for a split moment before they continue to remove my robe.

I allow it to billow to the ground, leaving me in only my Santa-like nightie. "I brought you a present," I slowly step toward him.

"Keep it," He growls. "I'm sure your fiancé would like it."

I stop walking and shake my head at him, "Don't be like this, Jesse."

"Be like what, Blythe? Realistic? I stopped calling and I thought you'd gotten the message, but apparently not," He stands up and whips around to look at me. "I don't want to see you anymore. Don't you get it? You're getting married. You're a spoiled heiress. You have issues. I don't have the time or care to be involved in all of your dramatics. Therefore, I don't want to see you anymore."

"Stop," I say weakly, crossing my arms over my midsection, "you don't mean it."

"I do," He stares into my eyes from across the room. "I wouldn't say it if I didn't. Now, get out-and don't come back."

He turns back around but I don't move.

"No," I say lowly and he stops.

"What?" He turns around slowly, looking like a provoked animal.

"I said, 'no'," I say a little stronger and take a step toward his bed. "I'm not leaving."

"Blythe, I swear, if you don't get out now-" He yells, but I stop him.

"You'll what? What will you do?" I cross my arms over my chest and move toward the bed, toward him. "I'm sick of this. You're hot and cold. You can't make up your freaking mind! I tell you that I am not marrying Daniel-we aren't even in a relationship from my point of view-but you, for some reason, still have an issue with being with me. Do you just not like me? If you don't, then just tell me that, not some excuse about being a cheater because everyone knows that you would ruin a relationship for your own personal pleasure."

He growls underneath his breath and whips around on the bed, ready to pounce on me. He grips me by the shoulders as if to push me away, but I push his hands off and press hard against his shoulders.

He falls onto his back and I climb atop him, pinning down his wrists with my hands. Obviously, if he wanted, he could easily overpower me, but he makes no moves. We're both breathing somewhat heavily as we stare into each others' eyes.

"I didn't know you were so kinky, Blythe," He murmurs out, a sneer forming on his mouth.

"Shut up," I order, my hair hanging beside his face.

"Bossy," He retorts, still staring into my eyes.

"Can you be a normal person with normal feelings for two seconds?"

"I am being a normal person, Blythe. You're not used to genuine interactions because you don't live in the real world. You live in the riches and high-end fashion world. I live in the slums-there's nothing more genuine about my world and me and my feelings." His voice becomes more callous as he speaks.