chapter xxxiv ━ i fucking hate them all

╔═══════。☆✼★═══════╗

ocean eyes . . . chapter thirty four !
i fucking hate them all !

╚═══════。☆✼★═══════╝

real life

the last twenty minutes of the flight sophia spent staring at her phone. which wasn't unusual really but she seemed more eager than anything. dj didn't mind the lack of conversation, she tried her best to ignore the antsy redhead next to her as she looked out the window.

below her was the city of los angeles in all its glory. one of her favorite places because a certain someone happened to live there. a frown laced the brunettes lips as she continued to look. what she would give to see him again.

" eek we're landing ! " sophia squealed, clenching her hands into fist with excitement. dj furrowed her eyebrows, she clearly didn't understand why the girl was so excited to get to the city of angels already.

for what had to be the umpteenth time sophia had turned to her phone and quickly typed something in some sort of chat she was in. dj tried to read over her shoulder but the ginger quickly locked her screen. " ooh, this is so exciting ! "

" i don't know why you're so excited, soph. i thought you've been here before. " said dj, leaning back into her seat at the plane landed.

sophia gave an exasperated, looking frantically but happily at dj, which was quite terrifying. " it's different this time, trust me dee. "

dj raised her hands in defeat as she shook her head. " whatever you say, sophia. " the redhead rolled her green eyes as she quickly stood up, dragging dj up with her. " yeah, yeah. let's just get going. "

once the two teens and sophia's mom got off the plane with their carry on bags. sophia complicatedly explained to dj what she was going to do in a way that involved ludicrous hand gestures, lots of stuttering, and confusion on both ends she of the conversation.

" so basically, you and your mom are going to the luggage claim and i'm waiting for you by the front? " dj had asked a good minute after sophia's ' explanation ' was finished.

there was a long pause while sophia looked incredibly confused and her mouth was agape. " yeah, basically. " she said nodding her head and smiled.

dj shook her head, laughing at her friend. " alright, i'll be waiting for you then. " sophia smiled brightly and nodded vigorously. " yeah, go do that. "

with one last looked from dj and a mutter under her breath about ' being so weird ' she was finally off to wait at her designated spot. as dj walked, her eyes focused on the tiled floor. once she looked up to see if she was still walking in the right direction her eyes meet an all too familiar pair.

like dj's body had a mind of its own, she felt herself freeze where she was, her eyes watered until her vision distorted and was fixed where she stood. it physically hurt to see him standing before her, her heart broke and dropped into her stomach. a course of emotions went through her, she spent so long trying to figure out which was stronger the fear, sadness, or strange relief of seeing the boy that she didn't notice him walking towards her.