chapter xxxi ━ poor girl

╔═══════。☆✼★═══════╗

ocean eyes . . . chapter thirty one !
poor girl !

╚═══════。☆✼★═══════╝

real life

sophia sat on the burnette's couch, dj with puffy eyes and a blank stare laid in her lap. two hours ago she had gotten off the phone with jaeden, of course she hadn't allowed sophia to overhear the conversation and sent her out in the hall while she was in a place the ginger couldn't hear. when it ended and dj allowed sophia into her apartment again, she had already been crying.

sophia comforted the broken-hearted girl without asking what had happened. she knew whatever it was, she was going to hear about it soon enough. at the moment, her main focus was tending to the poor girl who laid her head in her lap.

" i don't know what to do anymore, soph. " dj finally spoke, in a soft breaking voice.

" it'll be okay, dee. it always gets better. " sophia cooed, brushing her fingers through the brown hair of dj. dj didn't reply, she instead just sighed deeply and fiddled with the pale freckled fingers of sophia.

all dj wanted to do was cry and cry and cry. she felt empty and she couldn't handle it. who knew heartbreak was such an unbearable thing. it left a full ache in her chest and physical hurt her everywhere. with another big sigh she closed her eyes, causing the tears pooling to fall from her ocean eyes. " ima take a nap, thanks for everything sophia. "

the redhead gave a kind smile, and nodded before running her fingers through dj's hair one last time and gently lifting her head so she can get up. she replaced her legs with actual pillows before collecting her stuff. " while you do that, i'll be going home. i have to pack to fly out in two days. " there was a small hum from the couch which was sophia's only reply.

sophia began to walk out of the apartment saying, " i'll show myself out. " as she opened the door with a glance back to dj's probably already sleeping dorm a deep sigh escaped her lips. " poor, dee. "

as she walked down the hall, sophia began to think. she could not let dj and jaeden end on these terms. there was no one on earth she would let that happen. by the time she got to the elevator and her mind was hard at work she got an idea. " oh gosh, " said the redhead smiling hard. she quickly turned back running down the hall.

when she reached dj's apartment door, she harshly knock on the dark wood repeatedly. the door was pulled back quickly by a quite shaken dj who looked at sophia frantically and with wide eyes. " what the hell, sophia?! " the girl said, managing for once in the last two hours to sound like herself.

" i . . . i'm sorry . . . bu-but i had to . . . tell you something . . . important. damn, i'm out of shape. " sophia panted in between sentence fragments, trying to control her uneven breathing. " anyways, start packing your bags, you're coming on a trip with me in two days. "

dj furrowed her eyebrows at the ginger, looking at her quizzically. " what do you me- "

" just do it okay? please for me, because i can't handle thinking about you depressed all day by yourself in here while i'm gone. " sophia said strictly, desperation and pleading in her eyes.

" i don't even have a ticket or money to buy a ticket, soph. "

sophia smiled widely, bouncing on the balls of her feet. " don't worry about that, i got you covered. just pack enough clothes for a week and make sure it's good for sunny weather. " she told dj, beginning to walk backwards. before dj could give any input or ask any questions sophia began to run back to the elevator.

as she pressed the down button on the pad, she grinned to herself. " i am a fucking genius. "