"Yeah he told me." I nodded solemnly. She bit her lip wondering whether she should say anything else regarding Jace's condition. Honestly, I didn't want to talk about it and I was more than glad when Leila didn't press the matter any further.

It's not like I didn't trust the doctor's words, but those twenty-four hours might extend to become a forty-eight and the forty-eight might actually become a week. I didn't want to live each day on a hope that could turn into a disappointment.

He's going to wake up eventually, but I'd rather stay the way I am than feeling my heart sink deeper and deeper each passing day with the only movement of his being the rise and fall of his chest.

The doctor explained that Jace was able to survive the attack because of the pure royal alpha blood running through his veins.

His wolf is much stronger than any other alpha which is why the wolfs bane didn't spread into his system as fast as it usually does. Even the doctor was astounded, never witnessing such a strength especially since the dagger hit the place just below his heart.

It is a miracle that he survived. 

And I couldn't be more thankful. When Jace's parents knew that their son is between life and death, they raced to the castle in frenzy. My father lead them to Jace's chamber to let them see that he was indeed alright, just needing a bit of rest.

Uncle Bryson calmed down after that, seeing his son breathing steadily, but Lydia was the one to burst into tears. We tried comforting her, telling her that Jace will wake up soon and that she should be happy that he was able to make it. I guess that did it and put her nerves at ease.

I straightened myself seeing Vixen enter the room, eager to hear what the council decided to do with Silas and Veronica. Oh right I forgot to mention.

The duo was directly thrown into the dungeons and left to regret every choice they took. From threatening the royal family and kidnapping me to harming the next in line to the werewolf thrown, my father strictly ordered the guards to make them pay for what they have done even before their trials.

"Tell me." Leila's eyes mirrored mine, curious to know Silas and Veronica's fate. Needless to say, Leila was more than ecstatic to know that the she bitch was finally put in the place she belongs to, the cells.

When I first told her that Veronica had been part of my kidnapping, it took me all my might to restrain a fuming Leila from blowing up the underground level dungeons. Vixen came in shortly after Leila began screaming profanities and banging the doors to get out while promising to crack every bone left in Veronica's body.

Just imagine the look on his face the moment he witnessed his girlfriend turn into godzilla.

The mixture of disbelief and uncertainty plain evident on his face made me lost a hell lot of willpower and fall into fits of laughter. It was that hilarious!

"They want to wait until Jace wakes up to perform the trail." He explained, digging his hands inside the pockets of his jeans and shook his head in dismay.

"That's complete bullshit!" Leila threw her hands up in the air, her eyes holding frustration as well as disappointment.

"What the hell! Why would they do that? All of you are witnesses that Silas was the attacker so why do they want to wait for Jace's testimony?" I buried my face in the palms of my hands and groaned. I don't understand the need to wait for Jace when they can easily convict Silas of attempted murder. My father, the king, had already given in his statement and as did Vixen.

"Don't ask me Aya, those bunch of assholes. If your father wasn't there to stop me, then I would've knocked out a few of them." Vixen's eyes darkened, possibly remembering the council meeting.